My routine blood test is due.

This is going to be interesting to arrange. I usually go to the GPs' surgery but I don't fancy that option at the moment. Neither do I like the thought of my other option, a stroll into pathology at the hospital. I am obeying the government's instruction to stay in (can't see the point in not) but I will need to have one done as my prescription for meth and humira will be up for renewal at some point. That requires up-to-date information but getting that will be, I suspect, easier said than done as the focus and priority is necessarily on covid19.

Any ideas? Nah, neither have I. 😁 I think a bout of phone wrestling beckons. Yes, I have lots of spare time, and yes, this is necessary, but trying to contact medicos at this time? Going out to share confined spaces with sick people? It really doesn't appeal . . . .

Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992

How about getting someone to put a note through the Surgery's door asking about your blood test with the request that they contact you?

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520

Great minds, Mike. I emailed the surgery asking my question so await a response. Quite what I will do if they send me a DIY kit . . . . 😂 DD

• dreamdaisy

My surgery rang this morning. My routine bloods are booked for 8am on April 1st. Hopefully not too many people will be about at that hour . . . . I wonder if they have stopped the use of the touchscreen arrival log? DD

• dreamdaisy

I don't have to worry about the touchscreen, a text has informed me that routine bloods are now being done in the car park.

Another text informed me that following my hospital appointment my new medication has been added to my list and issued. I am now written up for amytryptaline, a drug that was neither mentioned nor requested at my last appointment. Will I give it a whirl? No, I am not interested. DD

• Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458

Had mine done last week, went for my injection only to discover they had lost my last test, life happens, why is it always me though or is it just paranoia? Haha.