Should I be working while I’m on cimzia

I’m back at work tomorrow and I’m a bit worried to go back with being on cimzia that lowers my immune system I don’t know what to do because I haven’t got a letter saying that I’m high risk

Comments

• Ellen
    Ellen Moderator Posts: 1,591

Hi Lornaloulou

Welcome to the Versus Arthritis online community. You are not the only person worried about work while on medications like Cimzia this thread might help scroll down to the post by SharonK

I noticed you posted on the 'Lockjaw' thread and are already helping others!

Take care

Ellen

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520

Anyone who is taking immuno-suppression meds is not only at a greater risk themselves but also poses a higher risk to others as it takes us longer to produce symptoms: we can be ill and not know it.

It takes a while to organise the distribution of over one million letters, mine recently arrived but didn't tell me anything I did not already know. I have the advantage of being in my 24th year of arthritis and 14th year of anti-TNF medication so I was already shielding. What work do you do? DD

Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Eir1971
    Eir1971 Member Posts: 20
    Hi Lornaloulou
    I would talk to your GP or Rheumatology regarding your risk level, a friend hadnt received a shielding letter, she spoke to her GP who confirmed she should be shielding and arranged a letter to be sent.
  • Hi Lornaloulou,

Obviously I'm a bit late to the party here but just wondering how you've got on since posting this?

I'm on Cimzia as well and never received the letter - i spoke to my Rheumy weeks ago and they said that I was at "moderate but not high risk" and therefore, basically had to decide for myself what the best course of action that was. So I've been staying in mostly as I can work from home but also been playing golf with friends and exercising fairly regularly and went on a day out to local forest/town on Sunday.

Yet one girl I know is on Cimzia and has the shielding letter - quite confusing.....