I am unable to work as i have osteoartheritus in my hips

Comments

• Annj
    Annj Member Posts: 59
    edited 15. Apr 2020, 16:29

Hi Bubzy1,

Welcome to the forum, it's good to have you with us. Sorry to hear that your osteoarthritis has left you unable to work. Have you been in this situation for long? Are you on medication for it, and if so is it helping? Perhaps if you feel able to you could write a little more about yourself and perhaps what your treatment currently is, you may find people in similar circumstances will reach out and say hi.

I'm including a link to the section on osteoarthritis of the hips on the Versus Arthritis website, just in case there's anything new to you: https://www.versusarthritis.org/about-arthritis/conditions/osteoarthritis-oa-of-the-hip/

Are you getting support? Hopefully you will find this online community a supportive place to share and read of others experiences. There is also a Versus Arthritis helpline if you would like to speak to someone, it's available free on 0800 5200 520 Monday - Friday 9am - 8pm.

With best wishes,

Ann

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520

Hello, what kind of work were you doing? I was lucky with my job as I was a self-employed tutor so, as my two arthritises progressed from joint to joint I was able to tailor things to suit my needs. I manage my OA with exercise, pain relief and rest. DD

Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Liam
    Liam Member Posts: 3

I feel unable to return to work after being furloughed

Hip replacement operation cancelled

I struggle to walk & I work for a small clothing business I work on my own & literally have to do everything stairs to contend with I also suffer from IBD & on medication for this

I need to know what benefits I can claim as I feel unable to work with being in so much pain & just couldn’t cope

• Ellen
    Ellen Moderator Posts: 1,591

Hello @Liam

Welcome to the Versus Arthritis online Community on behalf of myself and the Moderating Team.

I am presuming your operation has been postponed due to the COVID outbreak? I am so sorry that you feel unable to work. Money is a huge worry when something like Arthritis hits us.

I will lave our members to chat to you and give their own experience, but in the meantime this is worth a read:

I believe some hospitals are now looking at resuming non-covid procedures/treatments so it might be worth a telephone call to see how the land lies.

Best wishes

Ellen

• Liam
    Liam Member Posts: 3

Many thanks for that information I realise I’ve signed in as Liam my name is Alison.....I may ring the hospital next week our hospital has had no Covid deaths this last week so things getting better

• Ellen
    Ellen Moderator Posts: 1,591

Hello @Liam AKA Alison!

Please do let us know how you get on my fingers are crossed for you.

Ellen