universal credit

Options
Hi i am 50 i have osteoarthritis of the ankle, both shoulders knees and hip and neck,From 20 years being a self employed window cleaner, which ave had to give up,just cant do physical work because am in pain,ave had cortisone injections and phisio to help with pain managment and take painkillers,anyone know why the flawed univeral credit medical have found me fit for any type of work?,its like they have just completely ignored all my evidence, anyone got any advice on what i should do next.thank you x

Comments

• YvonneH
    YvonneH Member Posts: 1,076
    Options

Hi @dagg13

Welcome to the online community, it's great to have you here. You have applied for Universal Credit and have been told you will be put in the available for work group.

Many people receive a similar decision when first applying, the first thing to do is to say you disagree with their assessment of your capability for work. You need as much evidence as possible, letters from your medical health team etc.

this site seems to offer comprehensive help, and Citizens Advice are available

I hope this will help you further your claim

Take care

Yvonne x

• Delaine
    Delaine Member Posts: 10
    Options

Hi @dagg13

As Yvonne has said, it seems the norm these days for most people to be declined in the first instance and have to challenge the decision. I guess their thinking is that only the ones that really need it will challenge. My husband no longer has the mental strength to fight, so I do it for him. If a phone call is needed, I make it and all he needs to do is give permission for them to speak to me.

I hope you have the fight needed to challenge this, or someone who can do it for you.

All the best to you.

Delaine

• dagg13
    dagg13 Member Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks for the repy,and yeah thats what am doing ave got a maditory reconsideration going on atm,and not expecting an answer any time soon,But am gonni keep fighting now cause a aint gonni get any better, cheers and good luck to your husband .😁