Hi all, hope you all keeping well and safe.

Here's the thing. I have been Sheilding for 6 weeks and ends 30 June. So my question is, what happens to the vunerable after that date. Do we get another letter to sheild further???. Can anyone help.😵😵😵. Take care. Deborah.

Comments

• Yellowstone
    Yellowstone Member Posts: 15
    Sheilding extended after the 12 weeks???
  • Yellowstone
    I know dream daisy now body knows. The government needs to address this issue asap. Thanks.
  • Yellowstone
    Thank silver 🦊
  • Kazza52
    Kazza52 Member Posts: 74

Just had a text this morning to say I have to shield until the 30th June and that a revised letter will be coming out to me from the NHS.

Stay safe🐶

• Yellowstone
    Oh wow kazz they change all the time. My txt and Letter did say 30th June also. I'll just call my HR manager and see what they say. Just seems like the government want to send us out to the lions.
  • silverfoxxxx
    silverfoxxxx Member Posts: 131
    I’m waiting to here regarding work and the extended dates, they messaged me yesterday asking for a copy of the letter to show proof so something must be afoot.
  • Yellowstone
    You know what people. Let's just enjoy the weather and get our vitamin D. Coz we need it. Furthermore we are lucky to have the weather in lockdown. God knows we have enough with having some type of arthritis. I love this chat forum it's been amazing.👍👍
  • Yellowstone
    It would be so nice post covid-19 for people to come together and laugh, smile, and most of all a big hug. The most vunerable post covid-19.👍👍
  • Adi65
    Adi65 Member Posts: 6

I had a telephone consultation with rheumatology today and asked about my shielding due to end shortly and nurse said they are waiting to hear from government so it would seem we are not the only people in the dark .

Hope we hear soon

• silverfoxxxx
    The last I heard was the promise from the government to update us with a plan but the 15th, fingers crossed something will come out in Monday’s update. I spoke to one of my nurses today who said they are still worried about a second wave so don’t expect an imminent return to normality, but that could just be their opinion.
  • silverfoxxxx
    The last I heard was the promise from the government to update us with a plan by the 15th, fingers crossed something will come out in Monday’s update. I spoke to one of my nurses today who said they are still worried about a second wave so don’t expect an imminent return to normality, but that could just be their opinion.
  • Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992
    edited 11. Jun 2020, 03:14

I shall ignore the Government advice about easing of restrictions as I fully expect a second wave to hit soon, I shall keep staying at home as far as possible and do whatever I can to negate the chances of catching the virus. There is a lot of talk about the "R" rate and that as long as it is below 1 things are getting better BUT the University of Cambridge's research shows that the "R" rate down here is ABOVE 1 now due to the influx of second home owners and holiday makers but the Government are going on the UK average. Our one and only main hospital in Cornwall has 2/3rds of virus cases being from out of the County and I popped into the village shop for some milk yesterday when a woman stuck her head round the door asking if the shop was also a Post Office which is 100 yards down the road; clearly not a local!

• silverfoxxxx
    I absolutely agree Mike, the government messed up when they opened lockdown without putting a distance restriction on movement. My problem is going to be if they say we can return to normal I’ll have to return to work whether I think it’s to early or not. Also they keep saying they want to do more due to us being lonely and the side effects of this but anyone I have spoken to and read about would rather be lonely and safe than be out and worrying about who they meet and what they may catch, I worry the media spins things around, trying to make a story bigger than it is and the government likes to please the media unfortunately so they may rush our easing back to normal.