Reaction Advice

silverfoxxxx
silverfoxxxx Member Posts: 131
edited 15. May 2020, 17:43 in Living with arthritis
Hi,
I took imraldi last Tuesday and today woke up with a rash around the injection site which seems common, but this evening my body is covered from ankles to chest and my left eye / eyelid feels slightly swollen. Would you be massively concerned with this? I.e. trip to A&E or would I expect the rash to go on it’s own? The leaflet only really mentions injection site rash which should clear in 1-2 days.

Obviously won’t get hold of Dr or Rheumy until Monday now.

Comments

• Chris_R
    Chris_R Moderator Posts: 791

Hi Silver fox

Welcome to the Arthritis Community. You sound as if you are having an allergic reaction to your medication,you should ring your GP or failing that take a trip to A&E as it may get worse the swelling on the eye may just be the start. Please let us know how you get on

Hope all goes well Christine

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• silverfoxxxx
    Went into our little community hospital and they think as it was over a week ago that I injected that the rash and eye is just a mild reaction and to take piriton over the weekend and it should clear up. Let’s hope they are correct and nothing gets worse.
    I get the thinking that a severe adverse reaction would come on sooner but I’m not quite so sure, I’m possibly worrying to much but something doesn’t feel right.
  • Chris_R
    Chris_R Moderator Posts: 791

Hi silver fox

Glad you went to the hospital to check the swelling of your eye and rash thought it was a reaction to your medication,Piriton should help correct it . If the swelling and rash continue go back to the hospital.

Take care Christine

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• silverfoxxxx
    As a quick update on the best and worst drug I’ve had to date, I wont be injecting another shot as I’ve now got swollen feet, ankles, hands, the rash that won’t go away, swollen eyelid and aching joints. Although I can still currently walk better than Pre injection I look an absolute mess, lol. Fingers crossed these side effects disappear soon or I at least stop getting extra ones.