Pain

How do some people cope with pain even if you are on a lot of medication. I have arthritis in all my joints. I am new to this group

Comments

• Aj_x
    Aj_x Member Posts: 206

Welcome GlowingredRose,

Glad you have found us on the Online Community Forum.

Sorry to read that you are in so much pain. It affects everyone differently and each person has a different pain thresh hold.

If you are still getting pain and you are taking all medication then I would get back in contact with you consultant or whoever it is that you see.

I have put on the link from the Versus Arthritis Website about managing your Pain. Im not sure if this will be of any use?

https://www.versusarthritis.org/about-arthritis/managing-symptoms/managing-your-pain/

You can also speak someone over the phone on the Helpline Number: 0800 5200 520

Hope you manage to get some answers and hope to see you back in the forums again.

Take Care and Stay Safe

AJ_x

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520

Pain is a fact of my life and has been since 1997. Individual levels are hard to gauge as one man's utter agony is another's mild twinge, I feel it all depends on a) how effective one's neural transmitters are and b) how much attention you pay to it. When my mind is occupied the pain recedes - it does not go away and never will - but it is not as dominant. I take between four and six 30/500 cocodamol per day, that dulls enough to let me get on. I have psoriatic and osteoarthritis plus fibro. DD

Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Lilymary
    Lilymary Member Posts: 1,740

I'm on the same as Dreamdaisy - plus naproxen anti-inflammatory. It takes it down to a bearable level, but never pain free. And let's not talk about the associated constipation, which is sometimes an even bigger battle.....!

Keeping busy does help, it seems to hurt less if you ignore it, but I find I really pay for it the next day if I've pushed my luck a bit far. I've got OA in my hips, waiting for a new left hip, hobbling around meanwhile.

• Vikki_W
    Vikki_W Member Posts: 15

@Glowingredrose Sorry for hijacking your post but I just wanted to welcome @helene to our online community.

It's great to see that you're already posting in our forums. If you need any advice please don't hesitate to post. The Versus Arthritis also contains lots of useful information so please take a look https://www.versusarthritis.org/

I hope that you find the forum useful and look forward to seeing your future posts

Best wishes,

Vikki