Hello out there rheumy friends

Options
Barefootgardener
Barefootgardener Member Posts: 3
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:05 in Living with arthritis

Hi, I have rheumatoid arthritis, diagnosed back in 2013 after a 3 year battle of pain and miss-diagnosis, but we got there in the end. I also appear to have ankylosing spondilitis and some kind of associated bowl disease or IBS, consultants not entirely sure which and neither am I. I've been through DMARDs, blends of DMARDs, with or without steroids, and now through various biologics, and a range of consultants, some good, some bad. Currently taking a JAK inhibitor tablet form, which is a nice change from injections. It was working well enough to let me do Thai Chi and Zumba and gardening before lockdown. Currently going through a flare up and a short course of steroids to get things back where they should be. I moved to South West Scotland from Cambridgeshire last year, and thoroughly enjoying being able to watch deer walk in the woods at the back of my large garden. I have a huge garden, that includes a vegetable plot, a polytunnel and several grassed areas, and a cottage garden full of flowers. I love cooking, gardening, swimming, Thai Chi and yoga, although struggling a bit at the moment with some of those. Trying to remember to pace myself, whilst also trying to push myself to keep moving. I have a cockerpoo who just turned one, and we go for walks everyday. He helps me get out, when I might have otherwise sat indoors and vegetate in front of the TV or go baking mad! I gave up working full time last year - just way too fatigued and have now officially retired, although not of retirement age, and I suspect that after the world has gotten back to a relative normal, I will see if I can find a part time job. Hope everyone is keeping safe.🌺

Comments