Shielding.

Options
Tilliy
Tilliy Member Posts: 2
edited 29. May 2020, 11:32 in Coronavirus (COVID-19)
I haven't received a letter from the Government telling me what I should do during the crisis but I got a text the other day telling me that I need to stay in and shield until June 30th and a letter will be in the post. Has anyone else not received a letter but is shielding anyway?
Tagged:

Comments

• chrisb
    chrisb Moderator Posts: 680
    Options

Hi Tilliy and welcome to the Versus Arthritis forum.

I’m sure there will be other forum members who are or who have been in a similar position to yourself and will share their experiences with you.

Whilst you await feedback you may find these links a useful source of information:

https://www.versusarthritis.org/news/2020/april/coronavirus-covid-19-what-is-it-and-where-to-go-for-information/

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/people-at-higher-risk-from-coronavirus/

You can also call our free Helpline on 0800 5200 520, or email helpline@versusarthritis.org (Mon - Fri 9:00am – 8:00pm) if you ever feel this would help.

I hope you receive some useful feedback.

Best Wishes

ChrisB (Moderator)

Need more help - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options

I began shielding in the first week of March when the advice was that those who had the free flu jab were in the high risk category. I then received four letters in mid-to-late April telling me to shield for 12 weeks. To date I am in my twelfth week and fully expect to remain shielding until there is a vaccine. DD

Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • PatsyPJ
    PatsyPJ Member Posts: 8
    Options

I have received a letter from the NHS to shield for 12weeks and have been doing so since 1st April.

i have to say I was confused but followed the letter

i was diagnosed with osteoarthritis in February with a view I may be developing psoriatic arthritis

i was due to have steroid injections and physio which never happened so am not on any medication apart from taking paracetamol and ibuprofen

i also have an under active thyroid which is controlled with medication along side high blood pressure medication.

was my letter a mistake or is it correct to shield , if anyone has any comments or thoughts on this ,thank you

PPJ