Injection

DebbieP
DebbieP Member Posts: 10

Hi has anyone got some advise, I have been giving myself a Benepali injection for over a year 50mg, but just lately I am having trouble with the lid, it seems very stiff, then when I do the injection it seems much more painful than usual. I am having quite a lot of trouble with my fingers on my left hand, perhaps it just me. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Debbie. Hope everyone is coping, thank you

Comments

• MoWW
    MoWW Member Posts: 74

Hi Debbie, I am sorry to hear you are experiencing difficulty with the injection. Have you contacted your local pharmacist for advice? i am sure other forum members will be able to share their experiences, however it may help to check with pharmacy.

keep well

Mo

• DebbieP

Thank you Mo, I have spoken to Health care at home, and I am waiting for the pharmacy to give me a call, they have said it maybe a faulty batch. So I hope to here soon. Many thanks Debbie.

• tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Hi. Sorry to hear that you are having problems. I'm not on the same injections as yourself but I am on methotrexate and amgevita injections. I can just about manage the meth but the amgevita pen is very awkward for me. Having to hold the skin while holding the pen at the right angle then pressing the plunger thingy down for 10 seconds... just can't do that. Luckily I have my wife who is more than happy to stick needles in me.. lol
    I hope that someone can help with your problems.... good luck😊
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • DebbieP

Thanks very much, for your reply, it was a lot better this week, as my husband took the top off for me, which made all the difference. I hope you are coping with the lock down. Best wishes Debbie.

• tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Coping ok so far.. it's been very strange though. We have managed this last week to see some family and friends in gardens, communal areas etc. Sticking to the strict 6 foot rule. But after 13 weeks plus of being stuck in the house it was bliss and very much needed lol..
    I wish the weather would get better, we really enjoyed sitting with family/friends but it's not that easy if the weather isn't on our side.. keep your chin up and stay safe everyone.. 😊😊😊
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154

Hi Tony missed you mate,I'm off all meds at the moment i think DD filled you in but the ra is starting to raise its ugly head I have a phone call booked with rheumy in 2 weeks time so hoping we can sort something out,I hope its not injections makes me feel sick to think about doing it myself. Take care. X