Can anyone recommend vitamins?

Hi, I take methotrexate and roactemra injections. On a Friday, folic acid. My diet is not always the best so I think I could do with topping up my system with supplements or vitamins. Any recommendations? Thanks 😄x

Comments

• Kmit
    Kmit Member Posts: 10
    Thanks Mike, I know the feeling well x
  • MoWW
    MoWW Member Posts: 74

Hi Kmit,

you may wish to check out our website section on complementary medicine

Mo

• Kmit

Thank DD. Getting the impression that VitD is really the main thing take. Enjoy dinner, sounds delicious wish I had a retired husband 😂 x

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332

I take a vegan vitamin supplement @Kmit . Plenty of vitamin D in it and even better it's orange flavoured and chewable :) You can get them from the vegan society.

I see you were not after something to help with your arthritis rather to make sure you aren't deficient in any vitamin due to diet.

• Kmit
    Hi, thanks for the info. I only asked about Vitamins because I’m vegetarian and sometimes my diet can be poor due to mobility. Going to check out other sections of VA about pain relief. Stuck in a catch 22 just now and don’t know what’s to do for the best. Thanks again Frogmorton x
  • JaneM
    JaneM Member Posts: 5

I have been on a diet created by a complementary health expert (and former GP) and have stopped being vegan as I need more protein and legumes are not recommended for RA. I take a lot of supplements now including B vits, D, magnesium and boron. Since starting my new regime seven months ago I have slowly seen my CRP and ESR levels return to near-normal without further increase in my methotrexate. It's great to see some progress within my control.