Enbrel Injection vs COVID-19

Options
I’m a nurse currently on Shielding due to Psoriatic Arthritis on Enbrel injection. I would like to know if I’m safe to go back to work after the shielding period (12 weeks)?
Anyone here with the same therapy as me? Need advice. Thanks.

Comments

• Al
    Al Member Posts: 169
    Options

Hi and welcome,

It's great to meet you, you have come to the right place for information and conversation with others like you living one or more forms of arthritis

There are many here more than happy to share their experience as you share yours.

This link is for general information regarding any type of arthritis

About arthritis

https://www.versusarthritis.org/about-arthritis

Find out more about the different conditions, treatments and how to manage your symptoms.

if you have a specific question please post in the Living with Arthritis discussion or for general chat in the Chit Chat discussion. Just join in wherever you feel comfortable

Al

• helpline_team
    Options

Dear Jamesuk

Thanks for your post to the Helpline. I'm sorry to hear that you are facing this uncertainty over whether you need to continue to shield.

Versus Arthritis and many health charities are lobbying the government over the lack of clarity for people who have been shielding, so do keep watching our covid 19 pages on our website as the situation progresses.

Currently we'd suggest you get in touch with your rheumatology team to determine your personal need in relation to shielding or what level of social distancing, you may need to practice. In our information https://www.versusarthritis.org/covid-19-updates/covid-19-assessing-your-risk/ you'll get a sense of the types of questions rheumatology will consider.

From there you may need to take that information and discuss it with your workplace. If you are a union member and need support, do consider using them. You may want to involve your GP if you need any further support. And the ACAS pages on Covid 19 may be of help.

If you'd like a chat about the situation, do please feel free to ring us on the freephone for the Helpline 0800 5200 520.

Kind regards

Guy Helpline Team