Osteoarthritis of the knee

Options
Hi everyone
In February of this year after having a lot of pain in my knees I was finally diagnosed with arthritis I am struggling to cope with the pain I have an indoor bike I walk I stand all day on my feet at work I worry about that as I have so much pain everyday after work I was supposed to have injection in April but that was cancelled due to Covid I have been told I prob need knee replacement in right knee I worry about my job how am I going to continue with this much pain I have never claimed anything and wouldn’t know where to start I have tried every painkiller excercise keeping mobile diet etc I am worried all the time I am only 58 I need to work
Thankyou for reading
Pam

Comments

• Pammi4
    Pammi4 Member Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi ChrisK
    Thankyou for your answer
    I also have arthritis in my back which every so often goes and my neck which behaves itself most of the time it’s just scary sometimes when I think of my job and how long I will be able to do the physical work and what I can do instead very difficult in bad days because my brain goes haywire 🙈🙈🙈
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,417
    Options

Hi @Pammi4 welcome from me too.

I think I might have just spoken to you on another thread....🤔

Chase up that knee injection now many hospitals are back doing 'routine' procedures. Don't let it lie else you might be waiting a long time. Patience isn't always the best thing these days.

((()))

• Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
    Options

You need a representative, a union rep, or similar to take up your case. Once informed your employers need to consider your medical needs. You cannot carry on as you are, it’s no good for you, your family or the job. Things need to change, life will change for you. Go and seek some support.

its a grin, honest!

• Pammi4
    Pammi4 Member Posts: 6
    Options
    Just to let you all know that due to your advice I did contact hospital consultant he is going to get me an injection sorted and said yes they have started seeing people and doing elective surgery too had a lovely phone call with him fingers crossed it all gets going again xxx
    I also after much soul searching and nervousness told my managing director about my problems I have never had to go down this road in any job I have ever had I have worked since I was a teenager so this was a big step for me I am relieved to say he was so kind and understanding about it all and I wouldn’t have done any of this if it wasn’t for all your advice Thankyou so much guys so glad I joined this lovely community now Thankyou xxx