Top to bottom pain.

Hello. I wonder whether anyone has the same symptoms a me. Starting at the top.

Severe pain in my neck.

Shoulders and arms Pain.

Hands and wrists pain.

Hips. X ray evidence of OA in both hips. Very clicky and painful.

Knees. Left knee replacement. Right knee very clicky and painful.

Left leg pain from knee to foot.

Pain in both feet.

NHS have discharged me and suggested a pain management clinic !!

I take Tramadol but dont like taking too many because of its potential to become habit forming.

What does anyone suggest.

Comments

• YvonneH
    YvonneH Member Posts: 1,076
    edited 25. Jun 2020, 11:51

Hi @Outlaw

Welcome from me too. I am somewhat like you in that I have multiple joints affected by osteoarthritis. I have also been to a pain clinic and my experience was entirely positive. When we have OA the 'damage' is 'graded' and a replacement joint is advised when the damage reaches a certain level. Unfortunately that has no bearing on the amount of pain you are in. When I went to the pain clinic they looked at all my medications and tweaked those they felt would help me more. This doesn't mean they removed my pain but it became more manageable and with that and using the pain management techniques Alan mentioned I can do most of the things I want to, all of them adapted to help me and pacing is a nightmare but I am now happy with the life I'm living.

This link may give some more information about the OA in your hips.

Do keep posting and let us know what you really want to do most and I'm sure we will be able to help you with that!

Take care

YvonneH x

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 25. Jun 2020, 17:35

Pain everywhere and have had for years. PsA affects all my toes, knees, all fingers and elbows, OA is in both ankles, both knees, both hips, both wrists, one shoulder and my neck is creaking, probably due to constant physical tension caused by the pain. I am so used to it it doesn't really register until I go to bed, in the dark and quiet it really makes its presence felt. Medical answer is, of course, more meds. My answer is keep 'em, I can cope. I get by on a minimum of four 30/500 cocodamol which leaves me room to maneouvre and juggle with lower strength cocos and paracetamol. DD

Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Lilymary
    Lilymary Member Posts: 1,740

Hi Outlaw, that sounds wretched for you. Just sending a hug, sorry I can do no more than that. Wish there was more could be done 🙁. Treatments are so much better than they used to be, but there’s still such a long way to go.