Hello everyone!

Options
Mark
Mark Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:05 in Living with arthritis
Hi there, my name is Mark and I'm 43 from South Wales. I hope you are all keeping safe and well through these difficult times.

Earlier this year I was diagnosed with arthropathy in my lower spine and osteoarthritis in my hips and pelvis. To top it off, last week I was told I have spinal stenosis...I can't believe it because I have always kept myself reasonably fit playing various sports.

My job as a Site Manager is slowly becoming unbearable due to the pain, but with the help of various painkillers, gels and herbal remedies I am just about soldiering on.

It is great to find such an amazing, supportive forum and chat with other people who know exactly what pain I'm going through.

Take care everyone and hope to speak soon!
Mark

Comments

• Anna
    Anna Moderator Posts: 974
    Options

Hi @Mark,

Welcome to the online community - you're right, we're a friendly bunch and glad to have you join us!

Arthritis seems to take no notice of how fit or active we are - it's a great equaliser in that respect. It's good to hear that you are soldiering on and are finding a variety of treatments helpful.

It's useful to be armed with knowledge, and the Versus Arthritis has lots of useful information - here's a link to the Living with Arthritis page that gives you some helpful tips for day to day living:

All the best to you, and do let us know how you are getting on,

Anna

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm