New to group

Options
Kev66
Kev66 Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:05 in Living with arthritis
Hi everyone, I'm Kev, I am new to the group, I have osteoarthritis in both hips and shoulders, I also have Ankylosing Spondylitis. I hope everyone is keeping safe and well.

Comments

• Anna
    Anna Moderator Posts: 968
    Options

Hi @Kev66,

Welcome to the online community!

Living with osteoarthritis and ankylosing spondylitis can be challenging, and it's good to chat with people who understand some of those challenges and can give friendly support on this forum.

If you want to learn more about osteoarthritis, or have particular queries or concerns, the Versus Arthritis website can give you useful information. Here's a link to an introductory page on osteoarthritis that you might find interesting:

Do have a look at the other forums, and feel free to post or join in other discussions.

Best wishes, Anna

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,414
    Options

Hi @Kev66 Welcome to the forum from me.

Thank you I hope you are also keeping safe and well.

Both shoulders? Not easy to sleep and get comfortable my youngest had to have anew shoulder at 19 following cancer treatment so you have my sympathy.

Do join in people are so welcoming.

• Whitupd
    Whitupd Member Posts: 1
    Options

Hi everyone so glad I found the group... my rheumatologist recommended it in an attempt to get me off Facebook groups😬 Which I admit can be very scary at times. I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis with secondary Sjogrens last July. It’s been a bit of a long year finding suitable medication but hopefully making progress and getting there. I am shielding at the moment but in the normal world I am a self-employed dog stylist, which at times has been a bit of a struggle on my joints but equally working with animals is a tonic to my health.

• Parlicoot
    Parlicoot Member Posts: 61
    edited 1. Jul 2020, 10:38
    Options

Hi @Whitupd, welcome to the forums 😊

You've been diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) and Sjogrens, and you've been going through the process of finding suitable medications with your GP.

We have a couple of pages which may have some more information for you, on both RA and Sjogrens:

You also work with animals normally, which can strain your joints. Exercise may help with keeping your joints more flexible for longer, especially now during lockdown when you aren't doing your normal activities. Try to do it gently and stop when it hurts, but there's some advice on suitable exercises here:

The forum is a friendly and helpful place, you're bound to find other people to talk to and share experiences with if you have a look around and join in.

Lovely to meet you,

Shell xxx