Monovisc injections

Has anyone else had a monovisc injection in the knee. I had one in March this year and haven't felt any benefit at all. If anything my knee is worse.

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336

Where did you get it done @DODGYKNEES?

I struggled to find much info NHS wise about it, but did find this.....

Have you had an ordinary steroid type injection from the NHS? For some people they really help. I know for others like me not so of course.

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520

I have only had steroid injections in my knees which did nothing whereas one in my right ankle for OA was effective for three months. These are freely available in the States (without being free because medicine is a business) but rare on the NHS, which usually indicates a lack of empirically proven benefit.

It must be disppointing that you have not had any benefit but any form of arthritis is degenerative and progressive: the rate of both varies from person to person but nothing stops the process. DD

Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • DODGYKNEES
    DODGYKNEES Member Posts: 90
    @frogmorton I had the injection in my local NHS hospital. Iv also had steroid injections in the past but they haven't worked.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    edited 3. Jul 2020, 06:31

Hi @DODGYKNEES wow! and NICE don't recommend them. So sorry it didn't work though, but had to be worth a try surely?

Have you been to a pain clinic at all? Or seen an orthopaedic consultant? I only ask because I do sometimes feel those with Osteoarthritis get 'fobbed off' and stalled at GP level as i imagine it's one of the most regular 'complaints'

Just a thought