Hello

Options
Hi my name is Sonya I have ra and fixing to starting my first medicine really insure about a lot.

Comments

• Aj_x
    Aj_x Member Posts: 206
    Options

Hi Sonya and Welcome to the Online Community Forum,

Im sorry to read that you have Rhumatoid Artheritis. Have you just been diagnosed with it?

I understand at the beginning you will have quite a lot of questions. If it helps I used to write down any questions or queries down and next time I had an appointment take it with you so you don't forget anything.

If you would like to speak to someone then this is the Helpline number: 0800 5200 520

If you would like to go on the Versus Arthritis Website this is the link https://community.versusarthritis.org/

Hope you get some reassurance soon. Take Care and Stay Safe

AJ_x

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options

Hello, I don't have rheumatoid but I'm aware of the meds for RA as they are the same I take for psoriatic arthritis. I have never googled the meds as I am not a doc and other people's experiences of them will not be of relevance because they are not me.

One of my first meds, back in 2002, was tablet methotrexate, this caused a rash whch didn't bother me but my rheumatologist took me off it. I now take meth in a different form and have very little trouble with it apart from feeling extra tired every now and again. Do you know what you will be having? DD

Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options

Hi Sonya. I have RA too. Have had for years. You'll be very carefully monitored while on the meds. I take methotrexate and hydroxyxhloroquine but, for years, I didn't have DMARDS and my body reflects that. Do take the meds. They really are worth it.

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright