I need a pillow for spondylitis

Options

Can anyone help ?

I must have tried and tested 20 different pillows and every morning I feel the same.

what does everyone else use please? 😥

Comments

• AlanM
    AlanM Member Posts: 46
    Options

Hi @Babycat

welcome to the forum, it's good to see you here.

You're looking for some advice/recommendations for pillows which, as someone with spondylitis, can help you sleep.

Please have a look at our website chat on bedding and getting a good night's sleep. There may be some leads in there.

And, hopefully, others on the forum will be able to help you find some options.

Good luck and look forward to seeing you in the forum.

best wishes

Alan

• Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992
    Options

I have spent £hundreds over the years on different pillows and have yet to come across one I can totally recommend. The one I am using at the moment has a double case, the inner case is zipped and is filled with chopped up bits of memory foam which can be added to or removed to get the best effect. There are several of this type on the internet and I think that it would be worth giving one a try.

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,417
    edited 16. Jul 2020, 14:10
    Options

Pillows are such and individual thing isn't it? Whichever suits you do have to 'bear with' it takes many nights to 'work'. My neck hates any change.

When my neck finally 'went' and I got my spond diagnosis I ditched my two comfy pillows and slept on the matress with a rolled up hand towel undel my neck. That was it.

Now I have a memory foam shaped pillow with a groove all along the length (widthways sorry not a good description !) your head lies in the groove and the neck is supprted and intheory spine stays aligned. It does almost the same as that rolled up hand towel did.

Mostly I have a lot less pain now. I get the odd flare of course, but on the whole it's much better. I am on about my 5th.

Best of luck with your search @Babycat

• Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
    Options

Like Tony I have a shaped pillow, mines from IKEA and has a larger diameter on one edge with a concave middle on one side and a convex on the other. Depending on how you are sleeping to which part is suitable. I like the thicker edge and concave middle to support my neck and stop me putting my weight on my shoulder.

its a grin, honest!