Eeek!

Although I have had widespread OA for years for some strange reason the only joints it has not affected is my hips ............ until yesterday! Deep Joy - not. I am in absolute agony today and have upped the Morphine.

Comments

• Lilymary
    Lilymary Member Posts: 1,740

Really sorry to hear this Mike. I'm the other way round, started in my hips, but I reckon the rest of me is creeping up behind. Hope the morphine helps. x

• KazandNoo
    KazandNoo Member Posts: 129
    Oh no,I'm sorry to hear that. Hope you find some relief with the extra medication. 😿
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    edited 16. Jul 2020, 14:36

Oh no @Mike1

I hope they ease back off everything crossed for you.🤞

I am very sorry and am sending ((())) to you Mike.

• Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458

Well not crossed too much or it’ll hurt!! If it’s me then I’d look for a cause, something may well have triggered the pain, something that you may well have passed off as inconsequential? Sitting awkwardly, stepping oddly (no not the ministry of silly walks!) or even resting on one leg talking to a neighbour? Different shoes, walking about with no shoes on Or slippers all day?

Have you put something down you’ve been stepping round? Has your bed changed or your favourite chair? The answer may be out there somewhere!,

it’s a grin, honest!

• Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992

Thanks Airwave but I have been through the whole gamut of possibilities, truth be told I have had niggles there off and on for a while till it hit with vengeance.

• Lilymary

I’m expecting a tidal wave of pain this weekend after a very long and heavy (literally at times) day at work today. Pill mountain here I come, ...🙁

• Mike1

Extra doses of Morphine not helping and have just spent the second night in my recliner as I could not get comfortable in bed no matter what I did, luckily I have "monkey bars" over the bed so I can get in and out of it - just about. On the plus side my cat has managed to spread herself out as I am not in it. 😸

• Lilymary

Sorry to hear that Mike. Sending a virtual hug x

• KazandNoo
    That's rough. Could your pain clinic/GP help any further? Sorry,I know you've probably been through all that but as you've now got hip pain too surely they will have to do something? Hope so. 😻
  • Mike1

I have not bothered to contact the GP as he is far from sympathetic so far as OA is concerned; last time I went over a year ago was when the OA spread to my feet, he merely gave me a chit for an Xray and said "is that what you wanted?", after the Xray there was no follow up so I had to chase the results and the GP's comment was "the Xray confirmed that you have OA in your feet, you are on morphine there is nothing else to be done". I then self referred to a podiatrist who sorted out insoles for me, she wanted to prescribe boots but I can't get down to do them up and as I use crutches and a wheelchair I would not get much use out of them anyway. The Pain Clinic discharged me about 7 years ago with the words that there was nothing else they could do for me!

• N1gel
    N1gel Member Posts: 160

Mm bad luck Mike, I think most of us with OA have lived with that niggle but 'fear is the mindkiller'. I was discharged by my neurologist 5 years ago with the same words about nothing more they could do - at least I don't have to see her any more!

• KazandNoo
    I'm sorry/angry to hear that Mike1,your GP doesn't sound the most supportive, is there another one you could ask? Hope Vixen is helping you a little. (Not to make a cup of tea etc,although that would be handy!) Take care.
  • KazandNoo
    Lily Mary,be kind to yourself this weekend and hopefully your pain will ease.🤞
  • Mike1

Another night in the chair, two big glugs if morphine after my normal doses whilst watching the box earlier to no effect. Hopefully I will get to nod off shortly, been trying for a couple of hours so far!

• KazandNoo
    😥
  • frogmorton

Oh Mike I am sorry 😕

Just what you didn't need.

Still knowing you you will adjust to this (if things don't improve) as you have always done. I don't expect i can come up with a solution although l wish I could. ((()))

• Lilymary

Mike, I’m so sorry to hear your story, and that you’ve had another awful night. I wish GPs had to pass advanced classes in bedside manner. Surely there are better ways to support people when treatment options are becoming limited. Wishing you a better night tonight, and some gentle head bumps from Vixen.

• Mike1

Yet another night in the chair! This time there was a twist, I turned the TV off just after midnight intending to try to give the bed a go although I was not expecting much as the pain has not let up. Anyway, off goes the TV and the next thing I know it is just before 5am! I was so knackered having not slept for a couple of nights that I managed to nod off in the time it took to turn the TV off and pressing the button on my recliner to raise me up!

• frogmorton

Thank goodness for that! I hope the sleep helped you Mike!

🙂

• Lilymary

It’s odd how sleep can take us at odd times. I’m normally really noise conscious, the slightest squeak and I’m awake, even with earplugs. So how did I manage to sleep through Lethal Weapon 3 at the cinema, which is non-stop shooting, shouting and explosions (insert plot as you see fit!).Glad you got some sleep though. Hope you have a better night tonight

• Mike1

Nodding off at odd times is one of the reasons that the DVLA took my driving licence away. I actually nodded off for 20 minutes the other morning whilst sat on the loo, luckily my bathroom/wet room has been adapted for disabled use so I have drop down grab bars on both sides of the WC to stop me falling off. The hip has lessened a little and I got my normal 3 hours in bed last night, not 3 hours continuous kip though.