Mask day

Today is the day that the Law says everyone must wear a mask when going into shops etc, apart from a few exemptions. I thought that this would be good news for my baby sister who works in ASDA and has to out up with a lot of abuse from customers over the months apart from putting her health on the line. HOWEVER I am absolutely disgusted that ASDA management told the staff yesterday that they HAVE NO RIGHT to refuse to serve someone not wearing a mask and that they will not be refusing entry to anyone not wearing a mask. Furthermore they have removed the barriers from outside the store that forced the 2 metre distance, have withdrawn the security people they had posted outside and will be removing floor markings and their one-way system next week. Apparently Tesco did the same the week before last.

Comments

• Lilymary
    Lilymary Member Posts: 1,740

I fully understand shy shops are not expecting their staff to enforce this requirement, it will put them in the firing line of a lot of people with some very negative behaviours. But to remove all other restrictions as well is madness and highly prejudicial to the welfare of their staff.

• Crookesey
    Crookesey Bots Posts: 119

So roughly translated both the government and the police are about to leave the wearing of masks up to the potential wearer and the shop/store management. This will put the onus on everyone other than the authorities who are supposed to be in charge, why am I not surprised? 🙄😏

• Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992

Surprise, surprise my baby sister reports that there were loads of people in ASDA without masks on yesterday, what is wrong with these people? Another surprise, thousands of people have made their way down to Cornwall for a break and guess what, there has been a marked increase in the number of virus cases being admitted to our one and only main hospital. I wonder why "normal" services have been put on hold!

• Crookesey

I have yet to find a political party that I can trust, however if I were Keir Starmer I would be quietly content with my opponent’s inept handling of the whole Covid-19 fiasco.

• Lilymary
    Lilymary Member Posts: 1,740

The only up side that I can see from this awfulness is that it might bring down Trump.

• Crookesey

I reckon that the only reason he was elected was that the Americans didn’t want to create a Clinton dynasty, that will teach them. 😉

• Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992

The virus rate in Cornwall has TRIPLED in one week - need I say more!

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336

In a fairly nearby village to here too Mike - due to a particular (rather lovely looking pub) set up mobile testing in eh village and told anyone who was in there for three dates to self isolate for 14 days or have the test.

This is most definitely not over 😕