First time posting

Options
Sandy1964
Sandy1964 Member Posts: 13
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:05 in Living with arthritis
Hi I am new here had PMR 2016 and recently diagnosed with osteoarthritis.

Comments

• Al
    Al Member Posts: 169
    Options

Hi and welcome,

It's great to meet you, you have come to the right place for information and conversation with others like you living one or more forms of arthritis

There are many here more than happy to share their experience as you share yours.

This link is for general information regarding any type of arthritis

About arthritis

https://www.versusarthritis.org/about-arthritis

Find out more about the different conditions, treatments and how to manage your symptoms.

if you have a specific question please post in the Living with Arthritis discussion or for general chat in the Chit Chat discussion. Just join in wherever you feel comfortable

Al

• Lilymary
    Lilymary Member Posts: 1,740
    Options

HI Sandy, welcome to our group. I'm sorry you've got OA and PMR though, we'd all rather this group wasn't needed, but it's a great place to come when you need a moan, a laugh, some advice, to share experiences, all with people who understand how you feel. It can be tough coming to terms with the diagnosis, and how it affects your life. I hope they're working on a treatment plan that helps you.

My sister was recenly diagnosed with PMR, she's on steroids but struggling with the side effects, so she keeps fiddling with the dosage trying to get the balance right., but it's still very painful.

She also has OA (two new knees and countless arthroscopies on other joints) and I was recently diagnoses with OA in both hips, waiting for hip replacement. I suspect I've got it elsewhere too but they're not bad enough to investigate yet. It runs in our family, my poor granny had it really badly in her later years, everything was such a painful struggle for her, even little things in daily life. Some days I still struggle with how it's affected my life so badly and so suddenly, but it is what it is and I'm just having to get on with it.

The advice on this site is really useful, and there's loads of it if you navigate round the site, so do have a look around.