edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:05 in Living with arthritis

Hello I’m new to the site my name is Margaret

Comments

• Ellen
    Ellen Moderator Posts: 1,628
    edited 12. May 2020, 10:00
    Options

Hello Margaret @Marge63

A warm welcome to the Versus Arthritis online Community.

I see from your other post that you have Osteoarthritis in your spine and have been Social Distancing for 7 weeks.

Although I am fairly sure you will know most of this I am attaching a link to our information on Osteoarthritis of the spine:

I hope you find the forum useful, I''m sure you will, and look forward to seeing your posts in future.

Best wishes

Ellen.

• Marge63
    Marge63 Member Posts: 7
    Options

Thankyou

• Marge63
    Options

Hi my name is margaret I suffer really bad osteoporosis atharitis In my spine my witch means I have limited walking witch means I’m in a wheelchair witch means I can’t get out much

• Lilymary
    Lilymary Member Posts: 1,740
    Options

Hi Margaret, I'm sorry to hear your arthritis and osteoporosis have affected you so badly. It's a wretched condition. I hope you're able to manage the pain at least. Do keep coming on here and sharing how your feel or what you've been doing, or asking questions. It's a great place to come where everyone understands how these conditions feel. I hope you can at least spend a bit of time outside in the fresh air when weather allows, even if it's just sitting in the garden watching bees and sparrows. They give me endless entertainment, and it's a good reminder that however rubbish we're feeling, however little we're able to do, we're all still part of this amazing planet.

• Alexwithey1
    Options

Good morning, and hello,i have arthritis in my left knee,

• Aj_x
    Aj_x Member Posts: 206
    Options

Morning @Alexwithey1

Welcome to the Online Community Form and Thank You for finding us.

Ive noticed you are already finding yourself around the different forums and commenting on the posts.

What kind of arthritis do you have?

Hope you manage to find some comfort in the discussion and the forum in general.

If you would like to speak to someone in person then I have attached the Helpline Number:

0800 5200 520

Thanks & Stay Safe

AJ_x

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,414
    Options

Hello @Alexwithey1

Nice to meet you and welcome you to the Community we are a friendly bunch and support each other any way we can.

• Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583
    Options

Pleased to meet you Margaret, 'I'm sorry to hear you don't get out much. Since my RA was joined by OA, Osteoporosis and Vasculitis I too have trouble getting out on my walker (it has a seat to rest on for a while. But shielding prevents me from a lot of things I used to enjoy. Thankfully a neighbour will pop to the local shop for a few bits and we shop online for the majority of things. My Pharmacist is great, and delivers my meds for me. I do hope you find someone to help you go out a bit more. Take care, keep warm. 🐞

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• Marge63
    Options

Thankyou so much I’m not very good at talking to people as I also suffer with depression and anxiety witch makes it really hard for me to mix with people I would love to go to some groups to meet people but I can’t go out xx

• Lilymary
    Lilymary Member Posts: 1,740
    Options

We’re here for you @Marge63, hope you’re doing ok today. That’s the great thing about online communities, you can join in as much or as little as you want from the safety of your own home x

• Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992
    Options

Hi, I have widespread OA and a few other issues, I use crutches around the house and a wheelchair elsewhere so I know how you feel. I too have depression and hate having to get in a situation where I have to meet people that I do not know. The DVLA withdrew my driving licence on disability grounds so I no longer have the freedom of a car and am virtually housebound other than being able to get to my village shop for milk on my mobility scooter. I live alone but having a cat to look after keeps me going.

• Marge63
    Options

Hello im sorry to here about DVLA taking away your mobility rights for a car I’m quite lucky I have my husband to drive me about but as I don’t go out much I use to be a happy person would do anything for anyone but since pandemic I don’t do much I have walking stick t get around the house but I need wheelchair when I go out I hope we can be friends as I need friends as I don’t have many friends

• Jean1234
    Jean1234 Member Posts: 10
    Options

What lovely messages I have osteoporosis .but 6 weeks ago my knee started to hurt so much .pain meds dont work.i think I have been on them too long.well to cut a long story short my right leg swelled up so bad it was hot red .I contacted my doctor she put me on diuretics. They worked so stopped taking them on her orders pain as been so severe I could not cope.i thought is this it now I'm having physio it's working so I so pleased I know its baby steps but I will get there I am 75 got dementia I have depression anxiety and have not been out for a long time I started to write a real diary today and your my first entry love to you all and merry Christmas n happy new year ps let's hope 2021 is wonderful xxxx

• YvonneH
    YvonneH Member Posts: 1,076
    Options

Hi @Jean1234

Lovely to meet you, welcome to our online community, I hope you will stay awhile, I’ve been enjoying reading your posts.

So osteoporosis, depression and anxiety and then your knee joined in too being swollen, hot and red. Thank goodness the dr's were on the job and the diuretics worked, but you had to stop taking them. Exercise is great though for swollen legs/feet - helping the veins shift the blood around efficiently. Sitting with your feet up will help too.

visiting the community is great for depression and anxiety, you can relax because no-one judges you, and although it sounds strange having a read of the categories always leaves me positive and smiling. You could try the discussion Levity https://community.versusarthritis.org/discussion/52548/levity#latest

and here is our information on osteoporosis

see you around 😁

Take care

Yvonne x