Baricitinib Advice

Hello Everyone,

My first post here.

I've been living with RA for around 11 years and take methotrexate. I have been advised to start on baricitinib. I have various good and (very) bad experiences of biologics over the years and am very anxious about starting a new one, especially at the moment with the Covid situation.

Wondering if there is anyone on the forum who takes baricitinib and who might be prepared to share their experiences with me.

Thanks so much.

Liz

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697

I've never taken it. I get by on meth and hydroxy. But, if you put 'baricitinib' into the search engine (top left) some former posts cme up. Good luck - with your search and with the med.

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Eir1971
    Eir1971 Member Posts: 20
    I've been taking Baractinib since end November. I havent hsd any negative side effects. There is some improvement in my joints, but it has helped a lot with fatigue I had previously. It was prescribed for my RA/PA but I've also suffered badly with Psoriasis. My Psoriasis cleared up within 3 weeks which I'm delighted with.
    Some say weight gain is an effect, ive put on a stone but was a bit too greedy over Xmas, so that may be to blame rather than Baractinib.
    It also comes in tablet form which is a lot easier than injecting.
    Good luck if you decide to give it a go.
  • Lizziew
    Lizziew Member Posts: 5

Thanks very much, really helpful comments. Liz