A.S in UAE

Beace
Beace Member Posts: 3
edited 6. Aug 2020, 09:20 in Chit chat
Is there anyone with A.S in the UAE, we are planning to do an Ankylosing Spondylitis support group in UAE and its hard to find people here, so if you know anyone please contact me

Edit - telephone number removed

Comments

• Brynmor
    Brynmor Member Posts: 1,755

Hi @Beace and welcome to Versus Arthritis Online Community here in the UK.

You are welcome to post and join in across the Community, although we don't generally allow recruitment campaigns there is no harm in asking for anyone to get in touch to form a local support group.

Private contact details should only be made through our private Messaging System here on the forums, hence the removal of the telephone contact number.

If you have any questions regarding ankylosing spondylitis or want to provide support, call in for a chat or just say how you are getting on, you will be most welcome.

Best wishes

Brynmor

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332

I don't have AS nor live in the UAE, but wanted to reassure you that everyone here understands pain and will be able to relate to your issues. If you want to join in with us here we would make you very welcome @Beace

I can totally imagine though how hard it must be when your first language isn't the one most commonly used where you live. Potentially very isolating.

Take care

• Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992

Good luck finding some fellow sufferers in the UAE. I used to travel quite often to Dubai to teach Health and Safety to people in the oil industry and absolutely loved the place especially the dry heat. Regrettably I had to stop going as my OA got worse and my meds were changed.

• Beace
    Beace Member Posts: 3
    Thank you guys appreciate your reply alot , God bless