Are any of you prone to nodding off?

Hey everyone hope you're having a better day than me. As you can see from the picture I had a bit of an accident today. No I didn't wee myself 😂 Done one of my usual tricks again. Sat down on the sofa this afternoon with a cup of tea and nodded off still holding it. Next thing I know there's a warm wet feeling in my lap. No burns though, luckily I let any hot drinks cool for 10 minutes before taking them into the lounge just in case I drop them.

I've been prone to nodding off like this for years and I'm a nightmare for doing the tea in lap trick. Rather than put my tea down on a table I end up resting on my tummy or chest. Always ends in disaster. I think it runs in the family, both my parents were like this. I'd always find them asleep in chairs or on the sofa.

Just wondering if any of you find yourself nodding off in the afternoon/evening.

Donna xx

Tagged:

Comments

• Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992
    edited 6. Aug 2020, 17:19

I do it quite often as I only get 2 or 3 hours kip a night. I have fallen asleep on the loo for about 20 minutes and anytime between 2pm and midnight I can nod off for 10 or 20 minutes at a time. I have even nodded off in the time it took to turn off the TV and press the "rise" button on my recliner!! This is one of the reasons that the DVLA withdrew my driving licence.

• Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458

I only do it to annoy the OH! Haha!

• Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992
    edited 12. Aug 2020, 06:57

Fell asleep in my recliner again last night between turning off the TV and pressing the "rise" button! My ruddy neck is killing me this morning, surprise, surprise!

• I fell asleep while I was reading from my kindle last night. Surprisingly read about 15-20 mins worth before I dozed off.