Sufferer

Kesa27
Kesa27 Member Posts: 7
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:05 in Living with arthritis

Hi all .

my name is Ciaran and I’ve been diagnosed with RA for 2 years now and feel the need to talk to others . Drs haven’t been able to get control of the THING yet and pain is mega especially after waking . It is taking 2 hrs to get going now . Any ideas ?

thanks

Comments

• chrisb
    chrisb Moderator Posts: 669

Hi @Kesa27 (Ciaran) and welcome to the Versus Arthritis forum.

You were diagnosed with RA a couple of years ago but to date your Doctor(s) haven’t been able to get full control of your condition and you’re experiencing significant pain.

You feel that talking to others in a similar situation might help, well you’ve come to the right place to achieve that.

If you haven’t already visited it, the main Versus Arthritis website has an enormous amount of information about RA:

https://www.versusarthritis.org/search?query=Rheumatoid+arthritis

I’m sure that other forum members who have similar conditions will be able to share their experiences and offer you some tips and advice.

You may also wish to call our free Helpline on 0800 5200 520, or email helpline@versusarthritis.org (Mon - Fri 9:00am – 8:00pm) if you ever feel they could be of help.

Best Wishes

ChrisB (Moderator)

Need more help - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Sharon_K
    Sharon_K Member Posts: 460

I can take time to get going in the morning. I have a routine of sitting up, having tea and tablets and the listening to the radio for a bit before I do my stretching exercises and go for a warm shower which helps me to get started. It's not easy but you will find things that help you. I like wheat bags and hot water bottles even in the summer

Best Wishes

Sharon

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332

Hi Ciaran

Mornings are harder I have to agree....Like Sharon i start the day with a drink and my meds before attempting to do much at all. I often do my first posts here early before 7am.

I very much hope your consultant will be able to find the right drugs combination for you to get some relief though. If it's not too intrusive what have you tried?

Take care