Flu Jab

Hi everyone,

I had my flu jab two weeks ago and I would recommend everyone to have it. I had a slight pain in my arm at the injection point for about an hour afterwards but in the long run I know it is beneficial to me as because I am on Methotrexate I have a low immune system and I certainly don't want to catch flu. Having the flu jab will also prevent people attending hospital with flu symptoms as no doubt our hospitals will be struggling with the Coronavirus pandemic this winter.

Stay safe everyone.

Karen 🐶

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697

Thanks, Karen. I'm just back from getting mine. I totally agree with you. I never miss. 😊

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Sharon_K
    Sharon_K Member Posts: 460

Yes I have had mine too, the hardest bit is getting my husband to have his.

Take care everyone

Sharon

• Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992
    edited 8. Oct 2020, 03:35

My Surgery has run out and won't be getting more doses in until the end of October.

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336

Had ours on Sunday. Couldn't sleep on that arm for a night or two, but so worth it! the last thing l want is flu. Mike if you can get there (big if I know) pharmacies are doing them. I have mine done at my favourite pharmacy always have done. Sunday morning timed apt no queueing in the cold.

They just electronically let the Drs know I am done.

• YvonneH
    YvonneH Member Posts: 1,076

Hi,

I've been done too, and like Toni I went to the chemist. They rang me, said they had been authorised to do them on the NHS, checked that was me and off I went. Minimal queue, done and dusted. I certainly didn't want to miss it this year. My mum has been waiting for a call from her GP, I persuaded her to ring them after chatting to a neighbour - hers is now in another weeks time - I'll be taking her and following their instructions carefully as they are a bit like that you know.

Yvonne x

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336

I know Yvonne the surgery put me off abit i was dropping of my repeat and I saw the queue. Thought no I don't fancy that!

Well done for getting yours done and I hope your Mum's is nice and straight forward 🤞