Lindalegs' Reverse TSR 13th October 2020

Just as I logged out I found a message from Lindalegs saying she was home yesterday (Thursday), off morphine and pain level OK but very bruised and swollen. She is following the exercise regime to start re-educating new muscle arrangement and has achieved today's goal of going to the loo alone. She reports feeling very tired and glad of Covid lockdown to keep everyone home!

What a star she is!!

Crinkly1

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332

Thank you so much @crinkly

and gosh well-done to Legs! I am very impressed and proud of her. Lucy didn't go to the lo on her own for about 2 weeks, but then again i am her Mum!

Thank you so much for the update. I am sure you will pass on our very very best wishes to her as she gently starts her physio.

Strength and love on the way to her XXX

• frogmorton

I have a message for Legs from skezier this one will make her

Cris sends her love and hopes she has less pain and if Legs asks - no Cris has not changed at all still busy with the animals 😁

• lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393

Hello Toni and Skezier and thank you to Crinkly for this thread.

My new shoulder feels very tight though the pain is bearable. I am having a problem moving my arm independently though am trying to do the exercises given. My bruising and swelling extends all the way down the arm to fingers! (I have half a black breast! 😮)

Typing one handed so slow and labroious, good job the letters stay put!

Lovely to see Skezier is still around, please tell her, Toni, to give all the animals a squeeze from auntie Legs 😉

Going to read Crinkly's early days after her shoulder replacement, bearing in mind we're all different!

Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • lindalegs

PS Toni. Thank you for the lovely flowers, they won't need much care! Hope Lucy is still doing okay.

Love, Legs x
  • frogmorton

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!

Legs! GREAT to see you and glad you liked the flowers. No water changes needed!!

I will certainly pass on your (one sided?) squeeze to all Skezier's animals from Auntie Legs😀 She will be so pleased to hear from you even if it is via me.

Thing is I think those poor muscles and tendons and the like haven't had to move your shoulder for ages have they? The poor things! They will gradually get back to doing their jobs steadily with your physio exercises. Thank goodness for the (I presume) black arm brace slingy thing. Lucy was sometimes so relieved to let that take the pressure off - and strategically placed cushions of course.

Crinkly has been a star and posted a thread when you went in to hospital too and even popped into the café when she realised Barbara's eyes make it hard for her to browse the forum.

You take care now it's lovely to hear from you

• lindalegs

i have started a new thread which describes my experience of having this procedure. if you're interested please follow the link below. 😊

https://community.versusarthritis.org/discussion/53015/total-reverse-shoulder-replacement-from-a-rheumatoid-s-viewpoint#latest

Love, Legs x