Axial Spondyloarthriis

Hi, I was diagnosed with this in March 2020 have been on various drugs I’m now taking Imradi/Adalimumb and have taken 6 injections over a 12 week period. I also take Methotrexate 20mg once a week. I’m feeling very low as not a lot has change for me. I’m due a conversation with the Biologic team in November and I hope they can help me. Can anyone chat to me about their experiences with this disease and drugs The only thing that seems to work for me is steroids and I’ve been told I can’t have them anymore 😢

Comments

• YvonneH
    YvonneH Member Posts: 1,076
    edited 22. Oct 2020, 11:19

Welcome @Hamilton

to the Online Community it's great to meet you, I'm sure you will very soon feel comfortable and able to post elsewhere to take advantage of what we offer and to offer support to others like you.

You have been diagnosed for 7/8 months now and have started on Methotrexate (Meth) and now your health team has added in Adalimumab to see if that combination is best for you. It can take up to 12 weeks for the benefits to start to be felt. Here's our information on the medication

It sounds like your Health team are waiting for that 12 week time too since your next appointment is in November. I have no personal insight for you as I don't take that medication, however many of your fellow members do and I am sure they will comment once the see your discussion.

Steroids are wonderful and often leave you feeling symptom free but they are really bad for you. They cause thinning of the tissues of the body, including bones and can lead to osteopososis.

I do hope you begin to feel the benefits soon, don't forget to let us know how you are getting on and what happens at your next appointment

Take care

Yvonne x

PS I deleted you other post as it was much the same as this but with less detail

• Hamilton
    Hamilton Member Posts: 3

Thank you for your reply. I look forward to any other comments from the support group😘

• Hamilton
    Hamilton Member Posts: 3

As I’m new to this community should I put my post elsewhere if so where do I look for reply’s

Thank you 😘