Meds

Colianne
Colianne Member Posts: 4
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:05 in Living with arthritis

Hi I have psoriatic arthritis and osteoporosis I'm not on meds because I'm worried about side effects I seem to be left to cope on my own. Just wondered if anyone else is not on meds.

Comments

• Al
    Al Member Posts: 169

Hi @Colianne and welcome to the forums,you mention drugs/sideffects - I found this which may help

for a specific drug please phone our helpline 08005200520 but I'm sure you will get answers from our members

Al

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332

Hi @Colianne

I doubt you will find many of us on here not on some sort of medication for our Arthritis even if it's over the counter meds like paracetamol and ibuprofen.

I was also medication averse (and still am a bit) but do take what is prescribed. I wouldn't be able to move without and I know that not moving is a risk in itself to my health. What l do is the best I can with exercise and diet and limit how many tablets I take as far as possible. In addition I use warm wheatbags/icepacks (in teatowels) where it helps and worn out two home tens machines!

You say you feel left to cope on your own. Have you not been offered any other treatments like physio?

Take care

• YvonneH
    YvonneH Member Posts: 1,076

Hi @Colianne from me too, it's great to meet you.

When you were diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis (PsA) didn't your rheumatologist tell you that even if you feel OK the disease is doing damage to your body and needs treatment.

Here's the link to PsA from our website

Here's our info on osteoarthritis too

I know it's very hard to need to get used to taking medication but like frogmorton above, sometimes it's just necessary, then we take the lowest dose to do the job of keeping the disease under control and enough pain relief to let us get on with our lives. Do get back to us and let us know how you are managing and what you are doing generally.

Take care

Yvonne x