Snails

Hi folk just received a leaflet from Positive Health about the benefit of taking capsules made from Crete snails it is supposed to regenerate Cartlidge, a months supply is £24-99, checked out their site and this is one of about six or so names used by the company and I failed to find a good report from anyone that has dealt with them, while I would give anything to be free of pain I don't think I'll allow them to rip me off.

Comments

• Lilymary
    Lilymary Member Posts: 1,740

That’s just the problem, some outfits know people “will do anything to be rid of the pain”.

Now I may be wrong here, but the fact that they go under six names would ring alarm bells with me, which is reinforced by the apparent absence of any good reports about any of them. If minced snails really would do anything to rebuild cartilage, the medical profession would be all over it and the world would be breeding snails en masse. Sadly I feel this is unlikely to be worth the money you line their pockets with.

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332

Hi @celtic

Oh dear I am with you both not to trust these guys at all.

I really really hate to say it because I am not the kind of person who 'rains on someone's parade' but this smacks of snake oil to me. In your shoes I would be running this (Crete snail capsules) by my GP or at very least our helpline here for an opinion.I suspect if it worked we would all be prescribed it by our Drs already😕I am so sorry.

I usually say when someone wants to try something like copper bracelets for instance if they can afford it and it does no harm, but this is a lot of money.

Take care and do let us know how you get on

• celtic
    celtic Member Posts: 32

Thanks Lilymary and Frogmorton I did have something sent to me just before are nasty friend reared its head in March, and then thought it to good to be true and was going to check with my Doctor but that course was taken out of my hands and I thought the same as you Lilymary the medical profession would have been all over it. I have been using Hemp gel for 8 or 9 months and it has helped, it is not a cure but it has allowed me to carry on with my hobbies which are Art and Carving both of which got hard to do with the pains in my hands, also now I am crafting Fairy house's in cement. Since I live alone these have been a big help. Stay safe both of you x

• frogmorton

We might need to see a photo of your fairy house @celtic when it's done it sounds amazing!

Take care

• celtic

Hi Toni finished 2 houses but have no idea how to send photos, I usually send them via my phone to friends and family, will not be making any more for a while as had a Cataract OP and have to stay out of my shed because of the cement dust, so am back in the house doing art and have to put aside tracing my family history as I don't want to strain my eye, which I must say was a complete success, I no longer need reading glasses . I also write poetry and if you go into Poets Corner you will see a piece I wrote, stay safe Ray xx

• Ellen
    Ellen Moderator Posts: 1,591

Hi @celtic

If you can log in to the forum on your phone then post here inside the 'box' you are typing in are 4 icons click the 'picture one' it should give the option to take a photo on your phone to post.

Hope that helps a little

Ellen.

• celtic

Thanks Ellen but I have no idea how to do that, will have to wait until I'm able to have my great-granddaughter to show me and I have no idea when that will be, stay safe Ray

• frogmorton

Sounds like a plan @celtic/ Ray kids/Grandkids definitely have their uses!!

Look forward to seeing pics when you can.