Let's Move With Leon

Hi everyone, I'm really enjoying the new activity sessions from Leon. I've done my third one today.

I've managed to do most sitting and standing, except from very bad joint movements. But it's a good thing, in additional to my daily Pilates stretches (very moderate level!).

I strongly recommend these activities online😎

Comments

• Shaphron
    Shaphron Member Posts: 74

You're doing better than me! I started earlier, but then I was ill for a week and I'm struggling to find the energy to start again. But I will! Thank you for sharing, you're encouraging me to get back on track!

If in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

• Lilymary
    Lilymary Member Posts: 1,740

I appear to have painted myself into a corner, rather than having simply signed up, I think I’m actually going to have to start doing the exercises!

• Hippy74
    Hippy74 Member Posts: 1

I have just finished session 2.

I’m loving it so far.

• Chris_R
    Chris_R Moderator Posts: 791

Hi @Hippy74

Welcome to the forum.So glad you like the move it session 2 and you are enjoying the content.

You don't say what form of arthritis you have,it would be good to know your story and journey through arthritis.

Hope you will enjoy the next session of Move it.

Please keep in touch and tell us how you are getting on.

Why don't you try one of the forums to get to know others and chat to them

All the best Christine

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332

We are doing well aren't we?

@Hippy74 welcome for the forum from me. I am enjoying it so far too. Do come along in and join in everyone is really nice 🙂

• wazz42
    wazz42 Member Posts: 233
    edited 29. Oct 2020, 09:45

Hi everyone,

I'm up to episode 3 with Leon and am enjoying this one most so far. It's good to work out what I can do and how I can still benefit from the bits I can do rather than just give up!

xx

• YvonneH
    YvonneH Member Posts: 1,076
    edited 27. Oct 2020, 16:04

Hi Everyone,

Just in case anyone needs it, here's the link to the Versus Arthritis page about the Let's move with Leon set of videos

If you scroll down you will see the option to sign up to the Let's move - and the link to the activity tracker is there too.

Take care

Yvonne x

• Boglinmum
    Boglinmum Member Posts: 1

Really recommend these videos from Let’s move with Leon. Enjoying completing and watching Leon and his mum working out together. I go to Pilates twice a week and thought these might be too basic for me but I’ve incorporated these into my morning stretches and they have really helped get me moving more easily.

• Al
    Al Member Posts: 169

Hi @Boglinmum and welcome,I'm pleased youre finding these useful,feel free to join conversations here and I'm sure you will be a valued member

Al

• Moira
    Moira Member Posts: 88

Brilliant exercises, tying up with what I did with physio.

Just can't get on the floor.

Anyone got a new skeleton for hire - 5' 3" and in good condition.

Missing my Water Workout with the wonderful Debbie (ex- orthopaedic nurse) so Leon is a good replacement.

Good luck everyone and keep going. Don't give up.

• frogmorton
    edited 31. Oct 2020, 06:11

I'm up to 5!!!!

Woo-wooooo!

Get me😁

Mine is nearly 5'3" tall @Moira , but it's owner hasn't been careful so it's in need of some attention!!!!

• Leon
    Leon Member Posts: 3

Hi Everyone, Leon here...just touching base to see how you are all getting on? Its great to hear that you are enjoying the sessions to date. Keep letting us know how you are getting on because you will be some of the first people to complete the sessions. Myself and my mum have just finished filming session 12 for you...The big Celebration 🍾, a nice surprise for you at the end😊.

Keep up with the motivation and the positive attitude and if you need anything just shout up. Catch you all soon. Leon x💪

• Aj_x
    Aj_x Member Posts: 206

Hi @Leon

It's always good for the Trainer to touch base so they know how their students are getting on. So is anyone near Session 12 then and ready for the big celebration?

Has anyone got Motivational Quotes or Positive Mental Attitude sayings to keep people going through the Lockdown? I know this must be a hard time but you can still go outside and exercise at least.

Take care & Stay Safe

AJ_x

• Constance
    Constance Member Posts: 37

Hi everyone

I am also enjoying the exercises. Some I can do better than others. Quite an achievement for me after each session. Look forward to meeting up each week with Leon and mum and appreciate what they are doing to encourage us to keep on moving. Well done to all of you for trying to keep fit.

Constance

x

• wazz42
    wazz42 Member Posts: 233

Hey @frogmorton

I'm now up to session 5 too, I hope the surprise at week 12 will keep until I reach it!

xx

• frogmorton

Nice to see you wazz42 it's been a while. ☺️

Excited to see what will come on week 12 too.

• Lilymary
    Lilymary Member Posts: 1,740
    edited 12. Nov 2020, 17:49

Hi @Leon, I really enjoyed doing the exercises, but I ground to a halt after a few sessions at level one as the squats inflamed my hips so badly that I could barely get round the house the next day. 🙄 I thought I was supposed to be strengthening the muscles that support my hip, but my hip says otherwise. 🙁 Maybe I'll skip that one and try some of the others - it was good to stretch the rest of my body (although I could feel some of those tugging on my hip too). I miss my pilates classes, but it doesn't look good turning up with a pronounced limp and a walking stick now that my hip has packed up!

• Blossom
    Blossom Member Posts: 8

Hi everyone, I have just finished lesson 3, am really enjoying it, keep going everyone.😊

• hhunt
    hhunt Member Posts: 3

I everyone im new here, can't wait to get started with exercises,it will be nice to chat with you all too.

• Poppyjane
    Poppyjane Moderator Posts: 734

Hello @hhunt , welcome to the online community

I see that you are keen to get started on the Lets Move with Leon and have asked if he deals with exercises for the spine.

His weekly exercise sessions encourage us to do as much as we can within our capabilities and with that in mind he builds on our strengths and weaknesses in a gentle positive way. Many people have been been enthusiastic about the programme and we hope you enjoy it .

I attach a link in case you have not had the chance to sign up

Do let us know how you get on and join in with the chats on the forums .

Take Care

Poppyjane ( Moderator )

If it would be helpful to talk to someone ring the Helpline 0800 5200 520

Monday - Friday 9.00a.m. - 6.00p.m.

• Sounds like I should sign up for the exercises. I will do that now. I always need motivation to do exercises.