Given up

ah_1
ah_1 Member Posts: 6
edited 19. Nov 2020, 16:26 in My Triumphs

Does anyone else feel RA can have a toll on your relationship ? Iv had a bad week tbh and just exhausted from feeling so ****...how do you manage to move on ? Do you think i need to accept and get on with life ?

Comments

• Tom
    Tom Member Posts: 522
    edited 19. Nov 2020, 19:05

Hi @ah_1 and welcome to the Online Community.

Any disease has an emotional content and RA is no exception. You do not say when you were diagnosed, where you are affected and what medication you are on. If you care to share these details with the forum, I am sure that there will be someone out there who can give you some help.

In the meantime, here are some links to information taken from our site. Keep visiting the forums, good luck and let us know how you get on.

Tom

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    edited 19. Nov 2020, 19:04

I don't know how long you have had RA for @ah_1? Apologies I am answering this as though it's been not that long?

Personally I found I had to initially 'grieve' for the life i had expected I would have - physically active, learning how to dance enjoying retirement (still in the future!) with my husband one day being a funny hands on Grandmother etc etc

Once l did that, (and got my medication regime sorted), I found it possible to take control of my life back. I got informed about my Arthritis. I adjusted my expectations and while I don't think I will ever climb Mount Everest I know there is loads of stuff I can still do. I am kind to myself when I need to be and rest when I need to - I eat healthily and don't smoke or drink much at all.

I have a great life lots of laughs and walk most days, (some days further than others), I enjoy new hobbies which I can do and like coming in here and chatting to others who understand.

Life is not what I planned by any means, but it is still good Alia. 'Accepting' takes time don't be too hard on yourself just take it as it comes and enjoy what you can do.

Take care

• ah_1
    ah_1 Member Posts: 6

Sorry since 2015 im 27 years old.. married with 1 3year old.. currently on methotrexate.. been on a few that havent worked :( and keep getting flareups

thankyou i honestly feel better i think im gunna find a hobby bit hard with lockdown but im sure i can find something which can sooth me and something i enjoy.. walkng is greatt !!

im happy for you, sounds like u got it under controll i really hope I do too !! I think a good medication regime might even do the trick

kindest

alia