How is everyone doing today

Jamielee
Jamielee Member Posts: 27
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:05 in Living with arthritis

Hi I hope everyone is well, just thought I’d see how you all are today. Xx

Comments

• Lilymary
    Lilymary Member Posts: 1,740

A bit fuzzy headed today, I slept till 11.30 (while dreaming about oversleeping and my family coming in and trying to wake me up!). Reckon I must have needed it. Pulled a muscle in my back yesterday trying to give myself a mini pedicure (oh the joys of dodgy hips!) so doing a bit of gardening for my 91 year old mum tomorrow should be even more challenging than usual.

• Shaphron
    Shaphron Member Posts: 74

Doing ok today, but very tired. I got covid positive a couple of weeks ago, and while I'm now recovered I'm still sleeping more than normal and have more headaches.

Weather has happily been ok recently, which is nice for the light. I'm really bad at going outside unless something happens which makes me, but I do like sunshine coming in. Had the kiddies over today and tomorrow so that's extra work to keep them amused, but it's lovely having them over and being able to see them too.

Hope everyone else is doing well 🙂

If in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332

Morning @Jaime2107

Sorry as ever i am late to the party😳 I think I was ok yesterday.

Today feels a better day as the sun is shining although it feels very chilly🤨

We had a rainy day yesterday Shaphron sadly but today is way brighter.

Lilymary you need to be careful helping at your Mums...

• Lilymary
    edited 22. Nov 2020, 22:50

@frogmorton , we survived, Mum couldn’t resist getting her hands dirty, so she got a kneeling mat out and managed to get down to plant a few daffs, and we just about managed to get her up again, and she sat on a chair and supervised me hacking back a few perennials and filling a few tubs with tulips. Mum has to use a walker and is very unsteady on her legs, so sad, she was still going up mountains in her 70s, and is a passionate gardener, but is too unsteady to do either now, and we take a wheelchair on the rare occasions she leaves the house. Hip survived, thanks to extra cocodamol! What a pair of crocks!

• Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332

Sounds like it'a a case of like Mother like Daughter @Lilymary !

Bless her I think she will have got a lot out of her little bit of gardening 🙂

What would we do without our painkillers eh🙄

@Mike1 I love taking that kind of antidepressant😻

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Lilymary

I’m feeling conflicted today. I have a chance of being involved in a really interesting project, but it will involve a week of scaffolds and ladders. A year ago, before my hip packed up, I would have jumped at this, and I would dearly love to take it on, but even on extra painkillers I really don’t think I can do it now. I could probably still do it physically, albeit slowly and with a lot of grunting and swearing, but the pain would be horrendous. It’s so frustrating to turn away something I’m good at and that I’d really enjoy, but I fear a new level of acceptance is required here 😢 It’s going to be so hard telling myself to say no.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.