Numpty

Well I lived up to my name a couple of week's ago. My dishwasher stopped working for a couple of days so I called in an expert to find out what the problem was and could it be fixed.

A very nice young man arrived, I explained that it just wouldn't work and there was an error message (E 1) then I left him to it. A few minutes later I remarked how quick he was and what was the problem, only to be told, with an expression of *poor dear* that the error message was in fact H1 and that I had pressed the delay button instead of the start button!!

DOH!

Numps x
Pets come into our lives, and then leave paw-prints on our hearts.

Comments

• Lilymary
    Lilymary Member Posts: 1,740

Oops. My elderly cousin once nearly called an electrician because she couldn’t get the plug on her new kettle to fit the socket. She’d left on the plastic cover on the prongs......she fell about laughing when I took it off!

• Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336

Oh dear Numpty @numptynora 😁

I had an inspector out once and the problem was the lid on the rinse-aid was open thus stopping the door from shutting😳

• numptynora
    numptynora Member Posts: 782

Froggy.....that's ther sort of thing I would do but, it's so good to know I'm not the only one!!!

Mike... trust you to find a cartoon hahaha

lillymary...I've nearly fallen for that one in the past!

Numps x
    Pets come into our lives, and then leave paw-prints on our hearts.
  • Lilymary
    Lilymary Member Posts: 1,740

I remember when a poor student I bought a second hand hoover from a market stall. I took it back a few weeks later full of righteous indignation and consumer rights complaining that it had stopped working. They politely said they’d take it back to their workshop and to come back the next week. When I went back for it, they handed it back to me and said “you are supposed to empty the bag from time to time....” 🙄🤪😳

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336

Oh dear me@Lilymary I bet that made you a bit 😳 embarrassed !!

Numps you know you definitely are not the only dafty!