Rowing

Options
loopy_doo
loopy_doo Member Posts: 2
edited 4. Dec 2020, 14:40 in Let's Move

Hello,

I have RA mainly focused in my hands but also affecting my knees. I wondered if rowing was an appropriate activity or will it just cause irritation and a flare up?

Thanks

Comments

• chrisb
    chrisb Moderator Posts: 680
    Options

Hi @loopy_doo , welcome to the Versus Arthritis forum.

I note that you have RA primarily in your hands but also impacting your knees. You’d like to know if rowing is a suitable activity given your condition.

Whilst I couldn’t find any specific advice in our website relating to Rowing this link gives you advice about the types of exercise that you can do with RA which I hope helps. It talks about how low impact exercise is fine and you can still push yourself.

For general information about exercising with RA please see:

It’s possible that other forum members have rowing as their hobby and can share their experiences.

I hope that you receive useful feedback from the forum.

Best Wishes

ChrisB (Moderator)

Need more help - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,466
    Options

I have rowed my dinghy to get to my moored boat and if you overreach your ability it does hurt, however arther is rarely a condition that’s static and setting yourself up with a boat and somewhere to keep it may prove a ‘boat too far’ if not now then later?

An outboard proved better in the end😀.

pits a grin, honest!