Guidelines for Physical Activity

Brynmor
Brynmor Member Posts: 1,755
edited 3. Dec 2020, 14:58 in Let's Move

Even small amounts of exercise can make a big difference – to your sleep, your weight, your stress levels and much more.

But how much exercise is best for you? How often? And what type?

This short video aims to answer all these questions and more.

The video explains the impact of exercise on your body and mind, how long to exercise every week, and some great ways to fit activity seamlessly into your daily routine.

It’s our way of supporting you every step of the way on this journey. We’d love to hear about your ideas and experience too.

Edit: video restored as the URL changed 😄

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332

Even walking at a slower pace is good. Anything at all is better than nothing. Even if it's chair based like Leon's exercises it's better than doing nothing at all

My back gets upset if I don't walk for more than two days I know that so thanks for this reminder.

Must think what to do for my balance now....🤔

• Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458

I do not exercise but I do things with a purpose, cycling because I enjoy it, same for water sports, gardening (it’s a love/hate thing) diy and the list goes on. I do use a balance board, it’s quite fun.

it’s a grin, honest!

• Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458

Just a thought........my back joined in the list of problems many years ago and the muscles lock up and give me gip, I have a massage gun, which is brilliant, twice a day work8ng on my back muscles relieves the knotted little dears and relieves the pain and if I really behave it means no pain for a week at a time. What more could you ask for in life!😀

its a grin, honest!