The 'Triumphs' thread

123457»

Comments

• Shaphron
    Shaphron Member Posts: 74

As a small triumph - I have today emailed my work to explain something which has been going wrong. I had COVID 4 weeks ago now, and they're still not letting me go back to work (despite everyone else in the office being at work - it's not a lockdown thing). This has made me quite depressed and really affected my mental health, and I haven't been able to talk to them about it. But today I bit the bullet and emailed them to say how much it is affecting me.

If in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

• Ellen
    Ellen Moderator Posts: 1,591
    edited 26. Nov 2020, 13:57

Oh well done @Shaphron I hope things sort out very soon for you and you can soon get back to work. ((()))

Best of luck

Ellen

• Shaphron
    Shaphron Member Posts: 74

Thanks @Ellen - I actually had my first day back in work today and it went really well, so I'm a lot less worried now! I'm so pleased it's been sorted!

If in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

• Lilymary
    Lilymary Member Posts: 1,740

Front rose bed dug over, lightly pruned, tided up and 60 tulip bulbs planted this weekend, a few self-seeded foxgloves rehomed, and accidentally lifted daffs replanted. I can hardly walk now, and will pay for it tonight and over the next few days, but it was great to lose myself in the garden for a few hours

• SarahJS
    SarahJS Member Posts: 14

Evening all! First time adding to the triumph thread and what an amazing idea I think this is! What may be small to others can be a massive achievement to us, and although friends and family can be supportive you do sometimes feel that they just don't get it.

Anyway, on to my achievement. My daughter turned 5 on New Year's Eve and today we promoted her to a big girl mid sleeper bed. A nice bit of flat pack to build and she absolutely loves it! As a teacher, I will, return to work tomorrow- let's see what else can be achieved!

Sarah

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332

Well DONE! I bet you read the instructions too 👍️

• crinkly
    crinkly Member Posts: 144

Thought I'd resurrect this thread in the interests of having a positive focus on the forum.

We moved house from Derbyshire to Durham at the end of 2020 and have been much occupied with the nitty-gritty of a frustrating sale before renting while house-hunting, purchasing, massively downsizing and finally settling in.

To day, three months after moving into our new home, my husband and I ventured out for our first cycle trail ride in many months. (Widespread OA restricts my activity to swimming and cycling.) A gorgeous Autumn day, lovely surroundings, not many people out by the time we got to the picnic area starting point - and I didn't wobble off!!

No doubt we presented a less than pretty sight at 75 & 79 as we cautiously pedalled along the cycle path but we'd left it until most people had headed home and I felt incredibly blessed to be outdoors and moving under my own creaking steam. Our bikes have been left on their carrier on the back of the car ready for another outing tomorrow - weather permitting. 🚴‍♂️🚴‍♀️

• Lilymary
    Lilymary Member Posts: 1,740

Great news Crinkly! Good to hear the move and downsize are complete, but wow, out on your bikes again too! That must have felt wonderful.

For those who have been following my snail’s pace recovery from THR in April, we went for a quick walk round this lake in an RSPB reserve (it’s smaller than it looks, but nice and level). The key word being “quick”, I’m almost back up to my old speed again 😀. I then forgot myself when we got home by trying to run up the stairs to watch a helicopter as it took off from the village playing fields. (We still have a lot of growing up to do in our household). I’m not sure I’d try that again, but my leg is still where it started 😊

• Brynmor
    Brynmor Member Posts: 1,755

I then forgot myself when we got home by trying to run up the stairs to watch a helicopter as it took off from the village playing fields. (We still have a lot of growing up to do in our household). I’m not sure I’d try that again, but my leg is still where it started 😊

Genuine LOL to start off with on a Monday morning. Thankyou @Lilymary 😄