Osteoarthritis in both of my feet

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332

Hi @Christian78

I hope it's not too long for your steroid injection and swimming helps a bit while you are waiting.

Have you tried changing your shoes for now for some extra comfort? My SIL was having trouble with her hips (I know it's not the same) cured almost totally (not though obviously she works at Amazon) by wearing skechers shoes. I only ever wear them or hotters myself. Insoles can also help too some people.

You are probably right losing some weight must take some of the pressure off sore bones, but won't cure existing arthritis.

Take care

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • frogmorton

Oh dear @ Christian I do very much hope you will get your injections very soon. I know the cold and damp seems to set most people's OA off really badly😕 Airtox look lovely - like skechers a bit pricey, but if they are worth it fair enough.

Take care

• frogmorton

Oh good speeded up I hope @Christian78 the sooner the better. At least your shoes are helping in the mean time 🙂

The OA I have doesn't like chilly weather either so wrap up warm when you're out.

Take care now

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited 11. Dec 2020, 18:35
  • Twirlywoo5
    Twirlywoo5 Member Posts: 37

Do your ankles look puffy ? My ankles are sore to touch and puffy . I think its the arthritis and not fluid . It doest dint when I press it just hurts .

• [Deleted User]
    edited 11. Dec 2020, 19:02
  • Twirlywoo5
    Twirlywoo5 Member Posts: 37

Sorry to harp on, is it water retention or swollen joint . I think mine is swollen joint but not sure joint could swell like that . 😷

• [Deleted User]
    edited 11. Dec 2020, 19:07
  • [Deleted User]
    edited 11. Dec 2020, 19:31
  • Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992

Google says that the naviculocuneiform (NC) joint is located in the middle of the foot. It consists of four bones: the tarsal navicular and the medial, middle, and lateral cuneiforms!

• frogmorton

Is that what you suspect @Christian78 ?

Sounds like the 'cure' is a fusion operation. Let's hope once this Virus is under control you can get to the bottom of it🤞

• [Deleted User]
    edited 12. Dec 2020, 09:55
  • frogmorton

Oooh! That's not nice being given such a long time to wait @Christian78 I hope your foot hold out until then. The injection will help as and when you get it i am sure (((()))

• [Deleted User]
    edited 25. Dec 2020, 18:25
  • frogmorton

Brilliant a Christmas present from the NHS to look forward to I am very relieved for you.

Merry Christmas to you too🙂

Let's hope 2021 is much much better for us all.

• Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458

Apart from arther there may be other things happening including inflammation. I had a pad of hard sinew which was inflamed by constant use under my arthritic joint. I can’t have more ops but wearing reinforced innersoles has helped me at least to get around. The hardened pad which was pressing against the joint every step has reduced.

Suggest an appointment with the pediatrist after you’ve seen the consultant or doctor? A pain clinic appointment may help?

A cushioned and supporting inner sole with a flexible upper which is still supportive can work wonders and I go along with the Pavers/Skechers branded foot ware that others suggest. I have just brought my second pair of leather walking trainer type of shoes.

pits a grin, honest!