Arthritis and bilateral pulmonary embolisms medication help

Options

Hi I have arthritis unsure where rheumatoid or osteoarthritis and on the 1st October collapsed with bilateral pulmonary embolism.now taking apixiban and unable to take naproxen but in a lot of pain . Gp has prescribed cocodamol howver this can’t be taken long term any advice as currently off work due to chest pain and shoulder and hip pain . Any advice please ?

Comments

• Brynmor
    Brynmor Member Posts: 1,755
    Options

Hi @molsul68 welcome to the Online Community.

I understand you are taking the blood-thinning medication Apixaban as a treatment for a recent bilateral pulmonary embolism. The GP has prescribed co-codamol to try to help with the additional pain you are experiencing.

We are sadly unable to give medical-based advice relating to your treatment as no one here is medically qualified. However, the web site has a series of sections on pain arising from arthritis and this includes useful suggestions for managing pain, treatments and possible exercises you might try. I hope you find some useful suggestions among these sections:

Do join in across the Community, ask questions, give support and advice from your personal experience. Its also a great place to call in for a chat and to let us know how you are getting on.

All best wishes

Brynmor

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,417
    Options

You poor thing! That's a lot to cope with @molsul68 😕

I would be trying warm wheatbags on my shoulder if i were you not an awful lot else you can so is there?

If you look at that article there is a section called 'managing your symptoms'

Take care