About me

Options
Lindalew
Lindalew Member Posts: 8
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:05 in Living with arthritis

Hi my name is Linda I am 73 years young I have rheumatoid arthritis since I was 48 I have had a few ops on fingers foot have been waiting 4 years for new knees I need two but each time I ready to go something comes up to stop me I get bad day lots of good I drive go out a lot I have bad spine well it all over my body but I know I am lucky as there are folks out there worse than me so chin up every one enjoy life hope to here from you soon I love to chat as you can see god bless you all Linda xx

Comments

• Lilymary
    Lilymary Member Posts: 1,740
    Options

Hi Linda, welcome to the crew. I’m sorry to hear you’re suffering, but good to know you can still get out and about, that does make things easier to bear. Hope you’re feeling good today,

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,419
    Options

Welcome @Lindalew

Lovely to meet you🙂 Great attitude to have and you are quite right there are plenty worse off than me for sure!

Do come along in and join us can see you have plenty of experience to share with us.

Bless you too

• Paullywaully
    Options

Worse off than me too! ..... I have a serious mental health condition diagnosed some 7 years and now also arthritis. Still I count my blessings ...

• YvonneH
    YvonneH Member Posts: 1,076
    Options

Hi @Paullywaully,

It's lovely to meet you, thank you for joining us in the Online Community. You now have arthritis to add to your mental health condition. I see that you too have a brilliant attitude - I'm sure your coping strategies will stand you in good stead with arthritis as well.

Here is a section from our website about arthritis in general, it covers all types of arthritis and you can click through to read more in depth information when you recognise the type you have and it will help with managing your symptoms

If you share a bit more about your arthritis and if any aspects of the condition are troubling you more than others then I'm sure we can be of further help.

I'm looking forward to seeing you posting on the community, with your positivity I'm sure you will be able to offer support to lots of fellow members

Take care

Yvonne x

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,419
    Options

@Hi @Paullywaully

Lovely to meet you too. I am very pleased you've found this lovely community to chat to. If you have any questions at all about your new diagnosis please just ask away.

Take care

• Swanlen
    Swanlen Member Posts: 3
    Options

Hi Linda right back at you girl, I can sorely empathise with you. I've got osteo and rheumatoid arthritis - legs arms spine hands etc etc. A couple of years ago I was having trouble making my birthday and Christmas cards. But after watching a documentary I started using Camel's Milk instead of cowzs, it made a difference, making this year's cards was breeze. It costs more than cows milk, but I find it worth it. I can straighten my fingers and use them. I don't know if it will work for others. You can buy it on line. It come in powder form and you mix with water - a few seconds in a smoothie blender does for me. It doesn't stop the flare ups, but it helps the day to day movement.

• Lindalew
    Lindalew Member Posts: 8
    Options

Thank you for replying it nice to hear from you the only trouble is I am afraid of taking medication I only take steroids small dose 7.5 each day put I am going hospital in January to see nurse about new tabs I must take them I know I do try to stay active also I drive which is good but I am waiting new knees but with corvide virus I am unable to get them done I get about but I am in lots of pain 2 days later not to worry I hope you have a good Christmas and a happy new year stay safe god bless xx