Weird tingling

Options

Hi all I've got arthritis in my hip and lower back the reason I'm posting this is I've noticed that if I've been out walking to the shop or been busy round the house when I sit down I get a funny tingling down my legs like a weird sensation has anybody else had this

Comments

• Lilymary
    Lilymary Member Posts: 1,740
    Options

Hi, I get this I occasionally, usually in my feet (I have it now, I’ve been on my feet most of the day), sometimes my feet are buzzing on pulsing when I’m lying in bed, no idea why, but I didn’t have it before my OA took off. I get all sorts of inexplicable pains that appear from nowhere in my dodgy leg, not just in my hip. I gather it’s “referred pain” but I have no idea how that works.

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,417
    Options

I think it's probably nerves being compressed. I have it this morning and i've done nothing at all. When my neck 'goes' i get it in my shoulder and get numb skin on my chest.

Worth mentioning to your Dr I expect so they know. If the tingling turns to proper numbness which doesn't go I am sure you MUST tell your Dr.

• Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992
    Options

I get this both in my arms and legs from time to time, after referring to my GP he said that the legs are sciatica and in the arms it is brachialgia; both sparked by either referred pain or nerve problems.

• Jewels
    Jewels Member Posts: 202
    Options

Thanks for the answers guys I'll keep an eye on it hope everybody is having a good day xx

• Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
    Options

Whilst nerves cannot regrow, they can grow around the site of injury, surgery etc etc, the return signals route can often get confused which is why we get ‘odd signals returned to our brain. I get a burning feeling down my lower leg and foot

its a grin, honest!

• Cazbaz
    Cazbaz Member Posts: 71
    Options

I have just started to get a stinging pain in my lower leg, waiting for hip replacement

• Chris_R
    Chris_R Moderator Posts: 796
    edited 19. Dec 2020, 12:56
    Options

Hi @Cazbaz

Welcome to the on line community, great you have found us .You have just said that you have a stinging pain in your lower leg and are waiting for a hip replacement.However it would be good if you could tell us your arthritis story and how you have got where you are.

Here is a link that might help you

Please keep in touch and tell us how you are getting on.Meanwhile why don't you spend time on our forums and chat to others it sometimes help as everyone on the forum are friendly and helpful with advice.

All the best Christine

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Lilymary
    Lilymary Member Posts: 1,740
    Options

Hi @Cazbaz, welcome to the crew. I’m waiting for a new hip too, but I get a burning or stinging pain in my shin when it gets really bad. Sometimes it hurts worse than my hip!

• Jewels
    Options

I've been getting mine most days my second appointment with ortho is 13th Jan I rang the secretary and she said that is the earliest but they checked my bloods and there's nothing sinister showing so they gave me that appointment at least my bloods are good no worrying over Xmas I hope everybody is OK xx

• lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options

@Jewels

Hello Jewels,

I'm glad you posted this as I have been experiencing tingling in my left shoulder blade. I can remember having it in the same place and seeing the doc about it some years ago. She could feel nor see anything wrong and it did gradually go away by itself.

I hope it settles down soon and if not seek more medical advice from your GP.

Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • Jewels
    Options

Yh I will lindalegs thanks for posting I get it daily just another hurdle to cross I suppose oh well lool hope ur having a good day xx