Helplines Over Christmas

Brynmor
Brynmor Member Posts: 1,755
edited 7. Feb 2023, 09:48 in News Archive

Our helpline will be closed over Christmas from midday 24 December 2020 - 4 January 2021.

The Online Community will be here for you, with both our wonderful team of volunteer moderators and Community admin calling in to welcome new members, helping out and wishing all a Happy Christmas.

Stay safe, stay well.

Brynmor

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336

If that is who will answer the phone I am ringing on 4th jan!

Seriously thanks for the info.

• Poppyjane
    Poppyjane Moderator Posts: 739

I phoned the helpline before they shut for Christmas. It was a useful experience, I did not have to wait more than five minutes and spoke to a young man who I could hear was busy typing into the computer to find the answer to my question. Apart from repeating the answer which we arrived at between us - rather too many times , as much for his reassurance as mine, - I came away feeling satisfied to have spoken to someone.

I feel that there is a place for both the helpline and the online community to offer valuable support

Poppyjane

If it would be helpful to talk to someone ring the Helpline 0800 5200 520

Monday - Friday 9.00a.m. - 6.00p.m.

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336

I rang them once at the start of my 'journey' and just bawled....and bawled! they waited patiently for me. They sent me out a load of information which I devoured and really helped. There is definitely a place for a human voice as well as this 'peer' support we all give each other @Poppyjane