Hello everyone

Imogen
Imogen Member Posts: 3
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:05 in Living with arthritis

Hello everyone, I am mid diagnosis, I have Osteoarthritis in my hands but my uncle and son have AS. My mobility is suffering and I am about to lose my job ( which I love) as I cannot continue. I’m a Community Nurse living and working in the Brighton and Hove area all my life. Finding things stressful at the moment ( who isn’t!) waiting to hear if I’ve been awarded PIP. Dreading having to go to the Job Centre on Christmas week! Oh well, I’m usually such an upbeat person but things are wearing me down a bit. Anyway that just a little bit about me. Oh yes I’m long divorced, and I have 4 adult children and 5 grandsons.

Comments

• Chris_R
    Chris_R Moderator Posts: 791
    edited 11. Dec 2020, 19:27

Hi Imogen

Welcome to the online Community glad you have found us.

You say that you are mid diagnosis and have osteoarthritis in your hands and are anirse working on the community but about to lose your job into the bargain.I can relate to your osteoarthritis in your hand as I have to it is very frustrating for me when I want to do something and my fingers don't work,also I was a community midwife a long time ago and loved it so can understand your losing the work you love and gave your life to.

Its good you have children and Grandchildren I to have 4 Adult Children and grandchildren I find them a great Comfort , hope you do too and they help you get your upbeat back.

Here is a links that might help you

https://www.versusarthritis.org/news/2019/june/arthritis-and-depression-what-you-can-do-about-it/

Meanwhile why not go onto our forum full of friendly and lovely people just waiting to talk to you.

Please keep in touch and tell us how you get on.

All the best Christine

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Lilymary
    Lilymary Member Posts: 1,740

Hi @Imogen , welcome to the crew, this is the ideal place for a moan if things are getting you down, or a natter, or to find support or advice.

I’m sorry to hear you’re having to give up a job you love, and such a wonderful job too, thank heaven for people like you. I’m self employed but my OA is going into overdrive at the moment, and work is getting harder and harder. I’m just hoping my hip replacement comes before I have to give up altogether, so I have an idea of how you feel. I hope your trip to the Job Centre and PIP application aren’t too much of an ordeal for you,

• Imogen
    Imogen Member Posts: 3

Thank you Christine for the link. I will have a look at it. It helps just knowing I’m not alone. I’m facing a challenging time this month so taking things a day at a time. Happy New Year xx