Hello to all

Options
Sopharies
Sopharies Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:05 in Living with arthritis

Hi,

I am new here. I am 49 and have Rheumatoid Arthritis. I was diagnosed in 2017. It is mostly well controlled.

I am going stir crazy shielding at home due to Covid 19. It would be really good to have some contact with like minded people in the same position.

Take care all and stay safe

Sopharies🐱

Comments

• Ellen
    Ellen Moderator Posts: 1,628
    Options

Hi @Sopharies Welcome to the Online Community from me.

I am glad to hear your Rheumatoid Arthritis is mostly well controlled.

A lot of our members are feeling similarly bored during this lockdown and having to shield so you will definitely have the company of people who understand.

Take a look around and join in wherever you feel comfortable. Chit chat is the category used for a natter and mostly non-arthritis conversations. Just join in a thread or start your own if you want to.

You can distract yourself with threads like:

or look at our 'Let's move' Category to see if you fancy getting a little more active as many of us have done during this COVID pandemic:

I look forward to seeing you posting.

Ellen

• duffer
    duffer Member Posts: 46
    Options

I badly needed some advice for the pain of osteo arthritis and plucked up the courage to ring the helpline. The person I spoke to was positive, informed and has settled some issues that no-one else has been able to do. So it's full steam ahead - exercise, be patient and she even recommended pain relief which no-one else had ever suggested to me. I cannot thank this young lady enough she has lifted me from feeling hopeless to getting on with life again! Thank you most sincerely. Helen.

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,417
    Options

Hi @duffer

What a lovely post I hope the helplines see it and how much they helped you.

They helped me too once a long time ago when this all started for me. I just bawled and bawled and they waited patiently then sent me loads of info which i read and reread. Really helpful they are.

Hi @Sopharies Nice to meet you. This Community is lovely do just join in wherever you fancy people are very welcoming.

Distraction can be really helpful as I'm sure you already know.

Take care