I'd just had a flu jab.

Three days after my body feels so weak I'd never felt like this ever but now my hands and feet are swollen up and painfully deny body elshav this .?😔

Comments

• Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992

I have been having the flu jab for years and never had a problem, on the other hand a friend had an adverse reaction to the jab years ago and now refuses to take the Covid vaccine. I would suggest you contact your GP asap as reactions are not normal and the medical profession need to know about it.

• Ellen
    Ellen Moderator Posts: 1,591

@Richard

I totally agree with Mike1 you should check with your GP or pharmacist to be on the safe side.

Best wishes

Ellen

• Marclind
    Marclind Member Posts: 1

I developed RA within a month of having my flu jab. I had been having the jab for over 10 years and this one was the most painful. The RA started in that arm.

• Ellen
    Ellen Moderator Posts: 1,591

Morning @Marclind

Welcome to the Versus Arthritis Online community. I wonder whether you are querying whether there is a link between the flu vaccine and developing Rheumatoid Arthritis? I don't think any of our members have ever reported anything like this.

What did your Rheumatologist/GP say? Are they connecting it? This is very interesting I will be intrigued to see if any of our members have had a similar experience.

Just in case you are recently diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis I am attaching some information on the subject: https://www.versusarthritis.org/about-arthritis/conditions/rheumatoid-arthritis/

Do have a look around the forum and join in anywhere you want to.

Best wishes

Ellen.

• Poultster
    Poultster Member Posts: 2

I had my flu jab in November, I was really poorly for 2 weeks afterwards, pain all over my body, so very tired and couldn’t walk the dog. Since then I have just got worse, can’t walk any more, can’t climb the stairs, non stop pain all over, my hands, my arms, hips, knees. Just going through investigations for RA. I was fine before the flu jab, walked 5 miles a day, had aches but not all over, I feel like my life is over, so depressed.

• Brynmor
    Brynmor Member Posts: 1,755

Hi @Poultster welcome to the Online Community.

I understand that you had the flu jab back in November 2020. I also had mine quite recently, back in January, along with a pneumonia vaccination. Unlike you, I was lucky to experience no side effects or later complications.

The symptoms you describe sound awful, and in need of proper medical evaluation. We are unable to give medical advice as none of us here are qualified. However, in coping with pain, there are some great resources on the web site that will help no matter the outcome:

You may wish to talk to someone about your personal circumstances.

You can call our free Helpline on 0800 5200 520 (Monday–Friday, 9am–8pm) to talk to one of our advisors.

Do let us know how you get on. Call in for a chat, ask questions or just to off-load: we all understand what it is like.

All best wishes

Brynmor