Rheumatoid arthritis

Issy03
Issy03 Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:05 in Living with arthritis

I've only recently been diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis and my hands and wrists are sore, I'm struggling to do almost all everything

Please help xx

Comments

• chrisb
    chrisb Moderator Posts: 669

Hi @Issy03,

Welcome to the Versus Arthritis forum.

I see that this is your first post on the forum as you are newly diagnosed with RA and are finding things difficult. Well you’ve come to the right place to share what you’re going through as other forum members will, I am sure, be able to offer some understanding and advice that might help you.

I wonder if you have visited our website? If not, then you’ll find a wealth of information about RA such as managing the symptoms, pain relief exercises, etc. This would be a good place to start:

Also a link specific to hands and wrists:

I hope that you receive useful feedback from forum members that can help your situation.

If you continue to struggle and feel that discussing your situation with someone then please do call our free Helpline on 0800 5200 520, or email helpline@versusarthritis.org (Mon - Fri 9:00am – 8:00pm).

Best Wishes

ChrisB (Moderator)

Need more help - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Jona
    Jona Member Posts: 406

Hi Issy03

It is so hard I know when you use your hands for everything really just wanted to let you know your not alone now I felt totally alone until I came to this site and wow are they all so lovely

our bodies may be crinkly and crunchy but we have heart stay strong and love and best wishes always 😊

• scotleag
    scotleag Member Posts: 84

Hi @Issy03

Diagnosis can be hard to deal with especially as - presumably - you won't know yet what treatment is best for you and it might be a bit of trial and error before arriving at something which is both effective and doesn't cause any significant side effects.

From memory I'd reckon that onset, diagnosis and the immediately following period are probably the most difficult times of all with RA. It needn't - in fact it SHOULDN'T - always be like this. My diagnosis was 27 years ago. Today I am using my keyboard without any difficulty at all. Last week was a different story and I can't predict what next week will bring. But today is a good day and I'm sure that once the treatment that works best for you is in place that many good days lie ahead for you as well.

• MiaDK
    MiaDK Member Posts: 3

Hi Issy,

I'm sorry about your diagnosis. Hang in there. It's hard but once you find some good drugs you will get some relief. Have you been able to see your doctor's?

Mia