Hi I'm new

Lilchicken80
Lilchicken80 Member Posts: 3
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:05 in Living with arthritis

Hi all

I've never joined a forum before however my rheumatologist suggested it as I've recently been diagnosed with RA.

Its been a slow process as the dreaded covid has delayed things!

I've started on Methotrexate 10mg today and so far so good 👍 although quite prepared for any nasty side effects to rear their head.

I'm 40 years old and been off work since beginning of December. Looking forward to getting back to work, never thought I would say that 😆. I'm an hgv driver so got to be tip top before returning.

I look forward to hearing from you all! 😃

Comments

• Ellen
    Ellen Moderator Posts: 1,622
    edited 20. Jan 2021, 10:33

Good morning @Lilchicken80

I am very pleased you chose this Online Community for your first post on a forum! Good choice and thanks to your Rheumatologist too.

I see you have a recent diagnosis of Rheumatoid Arthritis and have just started methotrexate.

This thread from earlier this month might be of interest to you:

Here's the link to that conversation https://community.versusarthritis.org/discussion/53337/petrified-starting-methotrexate

I hope the Methotrexate works really well for you and you are able to get back to work very soon.

Best wishes

Ellen

• Hi Ellen

Thank you for sending the link, very interesting. Luckily I don't really worry too much about taking medications, unlike a lot of people seem to be, yes I would prefer to use homeopathic remedies supplements, acupuncture, etc like i have many times in the past however I think sometimes we have to put our faith in western medicine as there is only so much that homeopathy can offer.

I'm on my second week of MTX and so far so good. I haven't really had any side effects other than being really fatigued but as I'm not at work at the moment all is good although I am looking forward to seeing if it works for me as I've been told it can take 6 to 12 weeks to kick in.

I hope everyone is keeping safe.

Cheers

• Rina
    Rina Member Posts: 85

Hi @Lilchicken80 , glad to hear that all is well with the MTX so far.

I know what you mean about western meds. I’d rather not take any but the fact is they are helping me live a better life even with the side effects. I’ve never tried homeopathy but did have a course of acupuncture for shoulder pain a few years back. I’ve also been taking cod liver oil for about 20 years and I think it keeps my joints more flexible.

what have you tried?