moobmeister Member Posts: 6
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:05 in Living with arthritis

Hi,

I am new

Just been diagnosed with 0steoarthritus of the spine lower region

Comments

• Poppyjane
    Poppyjane Moderator Posts: 734

Welcome @mobmeister to the online community.

You have recently been diagnosed with osteoarthritis and I enclose a link which you might find helpful with many of the "what if's" that we all have as we start the journey of life with arthritis.

Osteoarthritis (OA) of the spine | Back pain | Versus Arthritis

You may like to talk to someone and the Helpline is available

Monday to Friday 8.00 a.m. - 9.00 p.m.

You have come to the right place for support and information and maybe you will feel able to share more of your details and join in with the members of the community now that you have got over the first hurdle of your first post.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes

Poppyjane (moderator)

If it would be helpful to talk to someone ring the Helpline 0800 5200 520

Monday - Friday 9.00a.m. - 6.00p.m.

• Sharon_K
    Sharon_K Member Posts: 460

Hello @moobmeister

welcome to the community. I notice you have osteoarthritis of the lower spine. i have a link for you that you might find useful specifically about this condition.

There are also some other discussions that you might find useful.

Our community are very supportive and I am sure they will support you and share their experiences with you. Let us know how you get on

Best Wishes

Sharon

• I have osteoarthritis of the lower spine I have had this for approx 10 months now the pain seems to be getting worse is there anything anyone can advise on it. I am taking codeine and paracetemol which do not have much effect. I have gone from a fit guy to a person struggling with this pain. Does it get any easier is there any heliport there

Regards

• Rina
    Rina Member Posts: 85

I’m sorry to hear you’re pain is getting worse @moobmeister - have you been put on a course of treatment? NSAIDS like ibuprofen and naproxen can be quite effective with spine OA - could you talk to your GP about them? Paracetamol and codeine are OK but there may be other sorts of meds, including steroid injections, that might be more appropriate for you.

You might do this already, but I find that a hot water bottle ( I use the microwaveable ones ) help give me some relief when my neck arthritis is particularly painful.

All the best.

• Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992

Ask your GP for a referral to your local Pain Clinic, it may take a while to get an appointment but they will be able to discuss a wide range of treatments and meds.

• Many Thanks for your replies